Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Just read that apparently we still want Bissouma.

@Delphinho123 i'm shocked you're not on this.

Would be a massive shock unless I suppose Luiz or Nakamba is going maybe. We don't have European games to keep all these players happy. Yes squad depth and quality is needed but how many central midfielders do we have 😃

If we land - Kamara, Bassey, Tarkowski, Bissouma and Suarez - to add to Coutinho, Digne, Chambers and Olsen. Then that is some proper proper business.

Targett, Guilbert, Hause, AEG, Trezeguet, Davis, Sanson, Traore and Luiz all leaving. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

Would be a massive shock unless I suppose Luiz or Nakamba is going maybe. We don't have European games to keep all these players happy. Yes squad depth and quality is needed but how many central midfielders do we have 😃

But we will have 5 subs available so there’ll be plenty of game time for squad members.

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If we land - Kamara, Bassey, Tarkowski, Bissouma and Suarez - to add to Coutinho, Digne, Chambers and Olsen. Then that is some proper proper business.

Targett, Guilbert, Hause, AEG, Trezeguet, Davis, Sanson, Traore and Luiz all leaving. 

Alot of those will probably end up being loans rather than sales

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

Alot of those will probably end up being loans rather than sales

Targett, Guilbert, AEG, Trez, Davis and Luiz will be sales. 4 of them are in their final year of their contract. Sanson, Hause I can see being loaned. Traore has 2 years left so we should sell him, but a Loan might be an option with a decent Loan fee.

45 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

But we will have 5 subs available so there’ll be plenty of game time for squad members.

the 5 subs will really be good for giving our youngsters some game time, in the right situation.

• Like 1

I think people will be confused by the outgoings going by this thread its the same names and some of the fees are way off unless they go to another Premier League club as unless one of Europes elite sign them then we wont get a big fee.

Targett - had a good loan spell at Newcastle, we might get a fee of 12 -15 million

Hause - Could get 6-8 million from a newly promoted team

Guilbert - very good loan spell but Strasbourg probably cant afford to buy him. Sell him we be lucky to get 5 million back if he wants to go to France as only a few teams have money there

Trezeguet - another good loan spell but again in Turkey they have no money we be lucky to get 5-7 million if he goes there

El Ghazi - could have made money last season, we have busted his value sending him to Everton. Might get 5 million from a newly promoted team

Traore - I cant see another Premier League team taking him for all his talent. Could go to France or mid table in Spain/Italy but again is no money in them leagues

Sanson - see Traore 

Kalinic - Might get a bottle of Rakija from Hajduk Split if we are lucky since he only wants to go there

Wesley - cant get a game in Brazil, will probably release him for free to clear up space

To make money we will need to sell a starter player plus Luiz if he goes to generate money

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

Ever since I was a kid I've always wanted to see a Villa team with international players from Brazil, Argentina, France, Italy etc. I always had a fascination with these Countries and their players as a kid especially during the early 80's. From Zico, Platini, Maradona, Rossi, etc. For the first time I can recollect we are an Italian or two away from making my childhood dreams a reality. It's awesome.

Quite crazy how times have changed when I look back. We've always been a predominantly English player based side when many other clubs we're bringing in foreign players. Looking at the squad developing now I think it's great we're starting to tap into the South American talent. I think the interest in Villa players in the WC this year will be amazing and great for the club internationally.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think people will be confused by the outgoings going by this thread its the same names and some of the fees are way off unless they go to another Premier League club as unless one of Europes elite sign them then we wont get a big fee.

Targett - had a good loan spell at Newcastle, we might get a fee of 12 -15 million

Guilbert - very good loan spell but Strasbourg probably cant afford to buy him. Sell him we be lucky to get 5 million back if he wants to go to France as only a few teams have money there

Trezeguet - another good loan spell but again in Turkey they have no money we be lucky to get 5-7 million if he goes there

El Ghazi - could have made money last season, we have busted his value sending him to Everton. Might get 5 million from a newly promoted team

Traore - I cant see another Premier League team taking him for all his talent. Could go to France or mid table in Spain/Italy but again is no money in them leagues

Sanson - see Traore 

Kalinic - Might get a bottle of Rakija from Hajduk Split if we are lucky since he only wants to go there

Wesley - cant get a game in Brazil, will probably release him for free to clear up space

To make money we will need to sell a starter player plus Luiz if he goes to generate money

Also…

Davis?

Chukwumeka (if he doesn’t sign a new contract?

Ings or Watkins if we really are in for an upgrade striker?

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Sanson - see Traore 

Won’t get much for Luiz either as he only has 12 months left, last chance to get decent money probably was in January.

Konsa could bring something and if Carney doesn’t sign a small sum for him. Bailey maybe out on loan looking to possibly sell in January?

3 hours ago, duke313 said:

I think that’s harsh on Belotti. He’s hit double figures in all but this season for Torino, and he’s played for Torino teams that are at best mid table and at worst relegation candidates.

Take away penalties and these are Belotti's Serie A goal tallies since the 2017-18 season

17-18: 10
18-19: 10
19-20: 9
20-21: 9
21-22: 5

Per 90

17-18: 0.34
18-19: 0.27
19-20: 0.27
20-21: 0.28
21-22; 0.33

Ollie Watkins has been better in the Premier League, where the numbers suggest it's more difficult to score, than Belotti has been in Serie A.

22 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Will be interesting to see what kind of revenue we generate from the outgoing transfers this summer.

Targett, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Guilbert, Sanson and Davis will all command a fee won’t they? Traore and Hause too perhaps? Surely there’s £30M+ amongst that lot at least?

Nearer 70 if you managed to sell them all I think.

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not sure which poster it is who keeps mentioning this, but I agree with them.

A 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 would probably get the best out of our squad and attributes.

We could have that solidity through the middle and still give our flair players a chance to shine.

The only issue is then of course, which striker gets benched.

Rotation between the 4 - 3 - 1 - 2 and 4 - 2 - 3 - 1 is the way forward IMO.

Meeeee!

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Awol said:

Yeah, but with Trez, AEG, and Traore hopefully off, it wouldn't surprise me if we did go in for another winger. I remember Doku being amazing at the Euro's but hadn't seen him playing this season at all (who watches French football outside of France??).

I said I would go in for Doku if we were still playing wingers.

• Like 1