Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

We need two centre backs realistically - I don’t see Hause having much of a future and we don’t know when Konsa is realistically back. Mings isn’t being sold. We need some to cover left back too. 

• Like 2

Do you know how nice it feels to walk into work or wherever really and have people compliment us on how we handle our business. I remember when we signed Rudy Gestede in 2015 and walking into work being laughed at. Now I get comments about us not being far away from being a good top 8 side. 

What a time to be a Villa fan.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Wurzel said:

Have to say after the years of summer transfer windows where we did nothing until the last three days of the window, or just did nothing, the current situation is an absolute joy. Not only do we sign players, but they are often players you think we have no chance of signing, or even better, nobody knows that we are signing a player but then one is announced. it is a golden era for Villa fans enjoy it, it may not last.

I agree. We really need to. 

Just now, Zatman said:

In fairness he has said that since he came in but people on here love to give him excuses as if they are his PR team 😛  

Yes they do, but I won't discourage people from being excited.

Kamara and Tarkowski would be really really good signings.

Suarez, no, but it's happening. If we play football, Ings would be a better player than him I think, but whatever.

If we get together a collection of good players in, any underperformance by the manager will lead to change.

• Like 1

this was our squad registered for the 25 Premier League list. Targett, Davis, AEG, Guilbert and Kamara to be added as well so we are on 30 senior players. Luckily none of the youngsters are over the limit for next season. Going to be tough work shifting some of them if Gerrard wants to bring in about 5 more players

25 Squad players (*Home grown)
Bailey, Leon Patrick    
Buendia Stati, Emiliano    
Cash, Matthew Stuart*
Chambers, Calum*
Coutinho Correia, Philippe    
Digne, Lucas    
Hassan, Mahmoud Ahmed Ibrahim    
Hause, Kortney Paul Duncan*
Ings, Daniel William John*
Konsa, Ezri Ngoyo*
Martinez Romero, Damian Emiliano*
McGinn, John    
Mings, Tyrone Deon*
Nakamba, Marvelous    
Olsen, Robin    
Sanson, Morgan Stephane    
Soares De Paulo, Douglas Luiz    
Traore, Bertrand Isidore    
Watkins, Oliver George Arthur*
Young, Ashley*

U21 players (Contract and Scholars)
Abldeen-Goodridge, Tristan Kareem    
Afoka, Chisom Kenneth    
Alcock, Todd Rees    
Appiah, Paul Nana Akwashi    
Archer, Cameron Desmond    
Azaz, Finn Issac    
Barber, Jayden Christopher    
Barnes, Mikell    
Barry, Louie Mark    
Bogarde, Lamare Trenton Chansey    
Bridge, Mungo Olayipo Oladapo Erogbogbo
Burchall, Ajani Alexander Edward    
Campton-Sturridge, Dj    
Chrisene, Benjamin Joshua    
Chukwuemeka, Carney Chibueze    
Chukwuemeka, Chigoziem Caleb    
Ealing, Frankie    
Feeney, Joshua Philip    
Frith, Declan     
Hart, Taylor-Jay Phillip    
Hayden, Kaine Kesler    
Iroegbunam, Timothy Emeka    
Lane, Joshua Thomas    
Lindley, Hayden Taylor    
Lutz, Charlie Ethan    
Marschall, Filip    
McBride, Caolan James    
Moore, Kobei    
Munroe, Finley Christopher Ryan    
O'Reilly, Aaron Christopher    
O'Reilly, Tommi Dylan    
Onodi, Akos Sandor    
Philogene-Bidace, Jaden    
Pierre, Kyrie Jay Victor    
Raikhy, Arjan Singh    
Ramsey, Aaron James    
Ramsey, Jacob    
Reddin, Kahrel Azariah    
Revan, Dominic    
Revan, Sebastian Emmanuel    
Rhoades, Harvey Jack Owen    
Rowe, Edward James    
Sewell, Dewain Leon    
Shakpoke, Ruben Okemute    
Sinisalo, Viljami Kari Veikko    
Smith, Kerr David    
Softley, Luke Paul    
Sohna, Myles Baboucarr    
Swinkels, Sil Laurentius    
Thorndike, Finley Joseph    
Vassilev, Indiana Denchev    
Wright, James Thomas    
Wright, Tyreik Samuel    
Young, Bradley Jamie Ethan    
Zych, Oliwier

2 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

We have signed some terrible 29 year olds in our history haven't we.... Peter Withe, Paul McGrath, Jimmy Rimmer, Andy Townsend, Kevin Richardson....

When will the club learn it doesn’t make sense…

• Haha 2

As a man in his late 20s* I take personal offence at all the posts acting as though players of that age are complete geriatrics. 

*Screenshot_20220525-140552_Chrome.jpg

Edited by Indigo

Just now, Indigo said:

As a man in his late 20s* I take personal offence at all the posts acting as though players of that age are complete geriatrics. 

Well our peak is supposed to be 17 so you’re well over the hill mate…by the way at 45 I’m just pure ash now 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

Not a fan of this type of defender really. Looks great but its down to poor initial positioning

Jamie Carragher syndrome

I don't think it was necessarily down to his poor positioning. It was more the game was getting stretched and players were tiring towards the end of the 90 / extra time and he was pretty much still everywhere.

I like the Bassey link - like the versatility of Centre and Left back. Work rate and stamina by all accounts are off the charts. Still developing which is promising. Links to Gerrard's time at Rangers is a big plus also.

As for Diego Carlos, my preference - and I think he's been mentioned by others on this forum over the past 6 months - is if we were going for a stand out centre back would be to try to go for Gleison Bremer from Torino. He's had a sensational season. If he doesn't end up at one of the Serie A European sides this summer, I'm sure he'll be in the Premier League.

Really enjoying this philosophy of "you don't know until you ask".

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, FLVillan said:

We have signed some terrible 29 year olds in our history haven't we.... Peter Withe, Paul McGrath, Jimmy Rimmer, Andy Townsend, Kevin Richardson....

Yes, we have... Ross McCormack, Marcus Allback, Gilles De Bilde (Loan), Mustapha Hadji, Mark Kinsellla, Drinkwater (Loan), Kieran Richardson

25 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The very worst source for transfer rumours 🚮

They are also say Chukwuemeka agent has had talks with Barca. That I would believe, how he allowed to speak to them?  Thought he had over a year left