Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

I think people will be confused by the outgoings going by this thread its the same names and some of the fees are way off unless they go to another Premier League club as unless one of Europes elite sign them then we wont get a big fee.

Targett - had a good loan spell at Newcastle, we might get a fee of 12 -15 million

Hause - Could get 6-8 million from a newly promoted team

Guilbert - very good loan spell but Strasbourg probably cant afford to buy him. Sell him we be lucky to get 5 million back if he wants to go to France as only a few teams have money there

Trezeguet - another good loan spell but again in Turkey they have no money we be lucky to get 5-7 million if he goes there

El Ghazi - could have made money last season, we have busted his value sending him to Everton. Might get 5 million from a newly promoted team

Traore - I cant see another Premier League team taking him for all his talent. Could go to France or mid table in Spain/Italy but again is no money in them leagues

Sanson - see Traore 

Kalinic - Might get a bottle of Rakija from Hajduk Split if we are lucky since he only wants to go there

Wesley - cant get a game in Brazil, will probably release him for free to clear up space

To make money we will need to sell a starter player plus Luiz if he goes to generate money

Davis as well and that’s 60 plus

4 hours ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Won’t get much for Luiz either as he only has 12 months left, last chance to get decent money probably was in January.

Konsa could bring something and if Carney doesn’t sign a small sum for him. Bailey maybe out on loan looking to possibly sell in January?

We would get 25 for Luiz 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Take away penalties and these are Belotti's Serie A goal tallies since the 2017-18 season

17-18: 10
18-19: 10
19-20: 9
20-21: 9
21-22: 5

Per 90

17-18: 0.34
18-19: 0.27
19-20: 0.27
20-21: 0.28
21-22; 0.33

Ollie Watkins has been better in the Premier League, where the numbers suggest it's more difficult to score, than Belotti has been in Serie A.

I dont understand why penalties dont count. You still have to score them

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Because someone else could take them.

23 goals for Son this season with no pens is way more impressive than anyone elses tally WITH pens.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, paul514 said:

Because someone else could take them.

23 goals for Son this season with no pens is way more impressive than anyone elses tally WITH pens.

Taking penalties is a skill. Just because somebody else can take them doesn't mean they are any good

90th minute to draw the game you would have Anwar over Watkins to take a penalty. 

14 minutes ago, paul514 said:

I said I would go in for Doku if we were still playing wingers.

Last summer was it, I think it's Patson Daka who was going to be immense, his highlights reels were impressive and he seems lighting quick.

Seems to have gone a bit quiet for him at Leicester which I'm surprised about.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Last summer was it, I think it's Patson Daka who was going to be immense, his highlights reels were impressive and he seems lighting quick.

Seems to have gone a bit quiet for him at Leicester which I'm surprised about.

No I was saying it a few weeks ago, he is so young and he hasn't set the world on fire this season so someone might be able to get him a lot cheaper than they would otherwise.

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Taking penalties is a skill. Just because somebody else can take them doesn't mean they are any good

90th minute to draw the game you would have Anwar over Watkins to take a penalty. 

All I am saying is if you have 2 players who have scored 20 goals but one has taken 7 pens scoring 6 the other is the more impressive goal scorer and the one you should try and sign.

22 minutes ago, Zatman said:

They do count in the score, but they don't give you an accurate portrayal of how good a goal scorer a striker is or will continue to be. 78% of penalty attempts result in a goal. This season in the Premier League 11.8% of all shots resulted in a goal. So, essentially, a penalty is seven times more likely to be a goal than a shot.

Also, there's a huge difference between leagues in how often penalties are awarded. This year Premier League teams averaged 5.15 penalties per team. The teams in Serie A averaged 7.1. 

Finally, Belotti scored three penalties this season. As a team, Aston Villa attempted three.

3 minutes ago, the_eristic said:

Letting Ings go to another midtable side who mostly just need someone to finish their chances is probably inadvisable.

Exactly what I was thinking.

As much as I think he would thrive there, he is probably what would launch them up to the next level.

17 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

As much as I think he would thrive there, he is probably what would launch them up to the next level.

The plan is not to be **** around fighting Brighton for places and points.

I feel we are in for an exciting summer of scorched earth squad upgrades.

Suarez + striker

Kamara + Phillips (if not Bissouma)

2 CBs - Tark possibly being one of them

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Anything11 said:

The plan is not to be **** around fighting Brighton for places and points.

I feel we are in for an exciting summer of scorched earth squad upgrades.

Suarez + striker

Kamara + Phillips (if not Bissouma)

2 CBs - Tark possibly being one of them

That sounds exciting on paper, but Brighton finished 9th and are already a very decent side.

Adding a finisher probably propels then up a few places, or at least keeps them where they are.

If people think all of a sudden we are going to be assembling a Team of Galacticos and challenging top 4 they are going to be dissappointed.

Every team in and around us will be looking to improve, and it's very fine margins.

Look at all the teams above 10th and you will realise there is a reason the PL is the toughest in the World.

I'm optimistic, but realistic.

EDIT: If they lose Bissouma , Espeically to us, it's a totally different proposition to be fair.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Maybe this is how it looks at end of window

In

Olsen

Tarkowski

Kamara

Bissouma

Coutinho

Hickey/Bassey

Suarez

Out

Luiz

Hause

Targett

Traore

El Ghazi

Trez

Guilbert

Davis

Wesley

Kalinic

I am thinking nearly the t same but with Keinan coming back to us and maybe Guilbert staying this season as i think it was personal between Freddie and Deano, not entirely based on ability . 

Watkins is still up in the air i reckon. Gerrard has been far too vocal about rating him, especially when he has had multiple off days. Might be playing the game to ensure if he does leave it is up to the buying team to pay over the odds. Just a feeling  nothing more . 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Difficult to play the "dont sell players to your rivals" game. Need to focus on strengthening your own squad.

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I am thinking nearly the t same but with Keinan coming back to us and maybe Guilbert staying this season as i think it was personal between Freddie and Deano, not entirely based on ability . 

Watkins is still up in the air i reckon. Gerrard has been far too vocal about rating him, especially when he has had multiple off days. Might be playing the game to ensure if he does leave it is up to the buying team to pay over the odds. Just a feeling  nothing more . 

Guilbert i'm not sure but id be surprised if he stays. I think if forest get promoted I think it will be too difficult to turn down some money for Davis (8-10mill). I'd just make sure we put in a buy back clause.

It'd surely be better to keep Fred and get KKH out for a full season in the Championship. Few French teams have any money and I'd rather have him pushing Cash for a season than sell him for pennies (and it might keep Young from coming on at right back in case of injury/fatigue).

Numerous tweets here from one of the guys who called Ings early last year (I believe) he's been spotty since and there's nothing of substance here but I find it interesting so thought I'd post anyway incase anybody else does too. (I.e. don't jump on me).

Says Suarez has 'said yes'. Another tweet says McGinn will be captain next year if not one of the incoming targets.