Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1615309/Neymar-PSG-Real-Madrid-transfer-news-former-Barcelona-star-listed-for-sale

Both players are very good friends since they were children (Coutinho/Neymar), but have never been able to meet in the same club to play together

Make it happen Stevie. We've already signed one ex-record signing player who played for Barcelona.

Imagine if we did😂😂

• Like 1

--------------------Suarez--------------------

Neymar------Coutinho------Buendia

-----------Ramsey------Kamara---------

Digne----Mings---Botman-----Cash

----------------------Emi------------------------

I'm loading up FM now 🤣

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Does it ever get tiresome trying so hard to be negative in positive times?

Similar comments were made that summer as well 😉

6 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

--------------------Suarez--------------------

Neymar------Coutinho------Buendia

-----------Ramsey------Kamara---------

Digne----Mings---Botman-----Cash

----------------------Emi------------------------

I'm loading up FM now 🤣

Buendia having to press to cover 3 players, he's good but not that good. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, the_eristic said:

Letting Ings go to another midtable side who mostly just need someone to finish their chances is probably inadvisable.

Unless we take their best midfielder off their hands. 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You realise the fact that you're almost excited at the prospect of everything going wrong.... As a " fan " .... is bizarre, right?

You might need to re evaluate your allegiances and/or root cause, and see if they align.

Maybe a few of you should setup a sub group in the Off Topic or Other Football, and only return here after a bad loss or some other sort of failure to gloat.

Maybe because you can sign all the players available but we have seen nothing from the management team yet to have this blind faith some have

Its like a kid on FIFA who has access to Daddys credit card to buy all the best players but he doesn't actually know how to use a controller

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

I fully expect to see the following next season...

---------------Ramsey---------Bissouma------------------
------------------------Kamara-----------------------------------
Digne---------Bassey-------Tarkowski----------Cash

I think we're going to go absolutely mental this Summer. With covid relaxing our FFP, us being able to spend more due to being in the PL for three seasons and the money we'll bring in for certain players (min. 60m I would think), I think we're going all out. I really do. 
We'll see at least 5 new first team players join. 

That central defence will get found out. Bassey plays left back. Centre he can fill in, not ready to be a prem CB. Tarkowski too slow, not a very good passer.

1 hour ago, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

Will be interesting with Bassey as Gerrard played him exclusively as a LB, it was Gio who moved him to CB. Also, not entirely sure he is ready to start every single week at CB in the Premier League yet.

All his best games are from left back.

9 hours ago, TheMightyVillans said:

Maybe this is how it looks at end of window

In

Olsen

Tarkowski

Kamara

Bissouma

Coutinho

Hickey/Bassey

Suarez

Out

Luiz

Hause

Targett

Traore

El Ghazi

Trez

Guilbert

Davis

Wesley

Kalinic

This is pure fantasy, there is no way we will sell Kalinic.

Edited by thunderball
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Linked to all these defenders, it must mean we shipping some out. 

Tyrone seems like an easy move, however, who’s going to take Hause? He’s probably championship level on prem wages.

chambers is too new to ship, and in large been a solid back up

and Konsa is injured 

Chambers is also adept at right back and DM. So I see him as the ninth defender in our squad. (Two players per position and a versatile utility defender)

10 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Maybe because you can sign all the players available but we have seen nothing from the management team yet to have this blind faith some have

Its like a kid on FIFA who has access to Daddys credit card to buy all the best players but he doesn't actually know how to use a controller

The constant negativity must be tiring. Enjoy the transfer window. Worst case scenario (best case for you) it goes wrong and we’re left with a much better team anyway 

Edited by IrishVilla10
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Does it ever get tiresome trying so hard to be negative in positive times?

I'm also interested to see who @Zatman thinks we should realistically sign? We have signed Digne who is arguably one of the best lb's in the league, Coutinho for 17m who is our best player and Chambers on a free who has played well, when asked to deputise.

Kamara is one of the most sought after midfielders the last season it so and just broke into one of the top international sides.

his track record of signings so far looks optimstic and whilst performances haven't been fantastic so far, we've backed him, so he deserves a chance to build a team. Our current side is overrated by many and we need improved quality.

Just now, VillaJay said:

I'm also interested to see who @Zatman thinks we should realistically sign? We have signed Digne who is arguably one of the best lb's in the league, Coutinho for 17m who is our best player and Chambers on a free who has played well, when asked to deputise.

Kamara is one of the most sought after midfielders the last season it so and just broke into one of the top international sides.

his track record of signings so far looks optimstic and whilst performances haven't been fantastic so far, we've backed him, so he deserves a chance to build a team. Our current side is overrated by many and we need improved quality.

I wanted Kamara a good deal and transfers we should be aiming for age rangr, also Hickey over Digne was the sensible option long term

Another midfielder who can pass to replace McGinn and not the clogger from Leeds or Bissouma 

NO TO THE RACIST BITING PIECE OF SHIT SUAREZ

• Like 1

I doubt Mings will be sold this window. It makes no sense to sell our best centre back. Yes he has a mistake in him, but he does so much for us. He covers for Konsa and the left back time and again, is our primary ball player, and leads the team and organises to defense. Throw in he has only had 3 season as a prem CB it's all quite impressive. Bassey isn't ready to step into those shoes.

• Like 1

Have to say after the years of summer transfer windows where we did nothing until the last three days of the window, or just did nothing, the current situation is an absolute joy. Not only do we sign players, but they are often players you think we have no chance of signing, or even better, nobody knows that we are signing a player but then one is announced. it is a golden era for Villa fans enjoy it, it may not last.

• Like 4