Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

Can we have a ban on the phrase "double pivot" where did this shite come from.

https://footballhandbook.com/what-is-a-pivot-in-football/#What_is_a_double_pivot_in_football

What is a pivot in football?

In pure football terms, a pivot is a midfield component that dictates how the rest of the team functions.

What is the role of a pivot on the pitch?

A pivot has different roles to perform on the pitch. However, a pivot’s primary function is to provide cover and screen his defence, preventing oppositions from breaking their lines. He also dictates the play with his passing and pass selection.

What is a double pivot in football?

Unlike the single pivot, the double pivot usually comprises two players with different characteristics. They are expected to maintain a set distance between them at all times so as not to leave any part of their defence exposed.

Bit of light reading for you there before you go to bed. No need to thank me.

Tarkowski would be an extremely disappointing signing for me. Our two biggest problems are lack of a quality DM (hopefully solved now) and being rubbish at playing out from the back. Tarkowski would do nothing to improve that. He is also slow and to make our system work we need to be playing with a higher line. Would would have to switch back to a counter attacking system to accomodate him. It's makes no sense to me. This would be the pointless Ings signing all over again. This is nothing to do with the quality of the players as they are very good players. They simply don't add anything we really need, and have little resale value. 

Suarez would be like Young. Adding experience and a back up nothing more. Clearly past their best and not improving us.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pete101 said:

Smith-Rowe , I know it's not gonna happen but isn't it time we started trolling arsenal for another summer?

Whilst I know you’re kidding I think we may have dodged a bullet with this lad. I don’t think he is as good as the hype. Saka on the other hand….

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Awol said:

Pre-season game against Rennes FC confirmed after the Australia tour. Hopefully a thankyou for them selling us Doku.. 

a speedy winger who has been injured most of the season, we already have one of them 😛 

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

a speedy winger who has been injured most of the season, we already have one of them 😛 

Yeah, but with Trez, AEG, and Traore hopefully off, it wouldn't surprise me if we did go in for another winger. I remember Doku being amazing at the Euro's but hadn't seen him playing this season at all (who watches French football outside of France??).

7 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Is he available? And wouldn't he expect to be nr 1 where he goes?

I think he is out of contract and wouldnt sign a new one. 

Just now, Zatman said:

He probably wont be interested  but maybe a cheeky bid for Ruben Neves to play near Kamara

A cheeky bid would probably start with either a 6 or a 7. I think he's out of our price range and he'll also go to a CL club. 

52 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

https://footballhandbook.com/what-is-a-pivot-in-football/#What_is_a_double_pivot_in_football

What is a pivot in football?

In pure football terms, a pivot is a midfield component that dictates how the rest of the team functions.

What is the role of a pivot on the pitch?

A pivot has different roles to perform on the pitch. However, a pivot’s primary function is to provide cover and screen his defence, preventing oppositions from breaking their lines. He also dictates the play with his passing and pass selection.

What is a double pivot in football?

Unlike the single pivot, the double pivot usually comprises two players with different characteristics. They are expected to maintain a set distance between them at all times so as not to leave any part of their defence exposed.

Bit of light reading for you there before you go to bed. No need to thank me.

insomnia cured thanks!

• Like 1