Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, Okonokos said:

Never seen him before the final and he was very good. He seemed to continually make up the ground on a player in on goal and make a last ditch tackle from nowhere.

Not a fan of this type of defender really. Looks great but its down to poor initial positioning

Jamie Carragher syndrome

I fully expect to see the following next season...

---------------Ramsey---------Bissouma------------------
------------------------Kamara-----------------------------------
Digne---------Bassey-------Tarkowski----------Cash

I think we're going to go absolutely mental this Summer. With covid relaxing our FFP, us being able to spend more due to being in the PL for three seasons and the money we'll bring in for certain players (min. 60m I would think), I think we're going all out. I really do. 
We'll see at least 5 new first team players join. 

• Like 1

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

I think we're going to go absolutely mental this Summer. With covid relaxing our FFP, us being able to spend more due to being in the PL for three seasons and the money we'll bring in for certain players (min. 60m I would think), I think we're going all out. I really do. 

Will be interesting with Bassey as Gerrard played him exclusively as a LB, it was Gio who moved him to CB. Also, not entirely sure he is ready to start every single week at CB in the Premier League yet.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Then you're wrong. 0% chance Bassey comes in as a starter. 

• Like 3

Linked to all these defenders, it must mean we shipping some out. 

Tyrone seems like an easy move, however, who’s going to take Hause? He’s probably championship level on prem wages.

chambers is too new to ship, and in large been a solid back up

and Konsa is injured 

So it seems we are having a rebuild after all from all these links 🤔

Rookie manager, exciting signings from France, overpayment for an out of contract English defender

It smells a bit like 2015/16 🤔😛

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Vancvillan said:

Five years ago we bought in Samba and Whelan, and Josh Onomah on loan. 

Thank MvGrath for the progress we've made since then.

We are now arguing about if Coutinho should be starting in this team, weather Luis Suarez is good enough, and whether or not we should get shot of Ings.

Sometimes I've got to stop myself to realise just how far we've come!

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

So it seems we are having a rebuild after all from all these links 🤔

Rookie manager, exciting signings from France, overpayment for an out of contract English defender

It smells a bit like 2015/16 🤔😛

Amavi / Bassey

Lescott / Tarkowski

Veretout / Kamara

Ayew / ??

8 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Tyrone seems like an easy move, however, who’s going to take Hause? He’s probably championship level on prem wages.

and Konsa is injured 

Most Villa fans appreciate Mings but he does have a (largely undeserved) bad reputation, which could make it difficult to sell him to a Premier League club. The buying club would have angry fans asking why they're signing such a terrible player. The demand for Hause depends on what his current wages are. Konsa could be sold in January -- but not unless he's actually played recently.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue

1 minute ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Most Villa fans appreciate Mings but he does have a (largely undeserved) bad reputation, which could make it difficult to sell him to a Premier League club. The buying club would have angry fans asking why they're signing such a terrible player. The demand for Hause depends on what his current wages are. Konsa could be sold in January -- but not unless he's actually played recently.

Mings is hated throughout the league. Its bizarre though mainly for his views I think than the alleged dirtiness people claim

We would also probably want 40 million for him

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I'm late to today's transfer party.

Some of the links I'm seeing are proper ambitious!

We are going all in, targeting CL quality players.  I think Newcastle coming into money has probably ignited this drive.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Okonokos said:

Never seen him before the final and he was very good. He seemed to continually make up the ground on a player in on goal and make a last ditch tackle from nowhere.

Big, strong, intelligent and rapid!

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

and Konsa is injured 

Well we have had just 6 defenders for 2nd half of the season and Ashley Young too a utility player. Buying a LB/LCB and another CB and letting one CB go seems the most sensible.

• Like 1

Just now, CVByrne said:

Well we have had just 6 defenders for 2nd half of the season and Ashley Young too a utility player. Buying a LB/LCB and another CB and letting one CB go seems the most sensible.

Gerrard obviously isn't happy with the mistakes that are costing us goals, it's encouraging that we are aggressively recruiting for defense and midfield. 

On 21/05/2022 at 01:17, VillaChris said:

Was just thinking with CBs....didn't Newcastle go in strong for Diego Carlos in January?

IIRC he seriously considered it and Sevilla model is to cash in on players after 2-3 good seasons but understandbly he didn't want to leave with them still in europa and seriously going for La Liga.

If Newcastle are moving onto other targets, would he not fit the bill? Experienced CB who wants to get more game time for Brazil or perhaps wants a different challenge now.

Unless he just used Newcastle interest to get a longer contract at Sevilla.

I'm Johan Lange and I claim my fiver.😉

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1615309/Neymar-PSG-Real-Madrid-transfer-news-former-Barcelona-star-listed-for-sale

Both players are very good friends since they were children (Coutinho/Neymar), but have never been able to meet in the same club to play together

Make it happen Stevie. We've already signed one ex-record signing player who played for Barcelona.

Edited by Dante_Lockhart
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1