Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 hours ago, Herman22 said:

Are you sure you were watching the right player? He was the stand out man of the match for me

Maybe this is a good example of not judging a player too quickly. And there's me thinking 30 minutes was more than enough! A lot of people on here do worse every year with our new signings (postively and negatively tbh) 😄

Yeah I think he looked a bit clumsy in my small sample, but I clearly didn't see much at all.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

Any day now, Nigel Reo Coker will get a chance to properly show what he can do

Sign Hogan back. Now we've finally got players who can pick out a run he'll get 40 a season. AMIRITE? 

6 minutes ago, Tommo_b said:

Anyone getting the suspicion we are going to be linked to everyone this summer. 

Linked to loads but no one actually knows what the **** is going on. 

———————Nunez————————
——Coutinho—————Buendia——
———————Ramsey———————
———Kamara———Bissouma———
Digne——Mings—Tarkowski—Cash
———————Martinez———————

😍

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

It’ll be interesting if we sign two centre backs. We’ve been linked with a few now. Could we see Konsa leave alongside Hause? 

Given how much Gerrard spoke about the issue of errors in recent weeks, I wonder if Konsa's played his way out of the club. It's going to be hard for him to get into the side if we sign another top centre back. Realistically though, I'd like to think it might spur him on. Going to be a very interesting few weeks.

I heard this Botman is left footed? Lacroix looks left footed too. Pau Torres was such a random link in January and he also is left footed. Mings leaving or being relegated to the bench maybe? 

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I really think we could get both Bassey and Tarkowski. Bassey would probably cost £18m+ though so not that cheap. 

It would also allow us to play a back 3 in a 3-4-2-1 formation…. 

I really don't think we'll ever play with a back three. We've.a CDM who can drop into the backline if needed during a game. 

Bassey and Tarkowski would be two great additions to the squad for sure though

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Given how much Gerrard spoke about the issue of errors in recent weeks, I wonder if Konsa's played his way out of the club. It's going to be hard for him to get into the side if we sign another top centre back. Realistically though, I'd like to think it might spur him on. Going to be a very interesting few weeks.

I'm not sure I'm at a stage where I think Konsa isn't good enough to be in the squad, but I think solid competition would help. 

8 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

I heard this Botman is left footed? Lacroix looks left footed too. Pau Torres was such a random link in January and he also is left footed. Mings leaving or being relegated to the bench maybe? 

Lacroix right footed.

Wouldn’t surprise me if with Hause supposedly moving on we were looking for a younger left sided cb to ultimately replace Mings.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is it " small time " that I'd be gutted to see Tyrone relegated or flogged?

For me, he's " Mr. Aston Villa " ATM despite the flaws.

Would rather someone like Bassey come in as an understudy/back up and for him to be phased out gradually if anything.

I don't know why we would want to move Mings on, unless there was a world class player we were looking to replace him with. Tarkowski is certainly not that person and bassey is still learning his trade. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Well we need 4 CBs and I'd say Konsa will be 3rd choice going into next season behind whomever we sign. He's still young so has a chance of forcing his way back into the team. Competition for places is what we want and we saw lots of different players starting games under Gerrard. Hause being injured probably cost him some game time too.