Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Will be interesting to see what kind of revenue we generate from the outgoing transfers this summer.

Targett, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Guilbert, Sanson and Davis will all command a fee won’t they? Traore and Hause too perhaps? Surely there’s £30M+ amongst that lot at least?

9 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Will be interesting to see what kind of revenue we generate from the outgoing transfers this summer.

Targett, El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Guilbert, Sanson and Davis will all command a fee won’t they? Traore and Hause too perhaps? Surely there’s £30M+ amongst that lot at least?

70m there if we sell properly

I have a hunch that Suarez is next. 

Another free. Another former Gerrard teammate. 

Would be used to attract more signings. 

A 2 year deal to push Watkins and mentor Archer...I'm coming around to it.

2 hours ago, HKP90 said:

I guess. I'm...I just don't know really. I'm already feeling pretty disconnected with the team at the moment. Signing Suarez wouldn't help. 

Disconnected how? 

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yeah, than all the idiot neutral fans can shut up with the "Villa have a higher net spend than anyone outside of the Top 6, blah blah blah" nonsense.  

7 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Such a shame we couldn't get Alvarez over the line.

I don't think he was interested in coming here...  He was the hottest prospect in all of South America at the time.  Good on the scouting department for trying, but it was always going to be a long shot for him.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

I don’t want to speak for someone else but for my part - we had one of the most special times to be a Villa fan in many years. We fought our way back into the PL with a Villa fan as manager and a Villa fan as captain. Both have now left. We had a solid core of a few players who were in the team that won ten in a row and got promoted, that then kept us in the PL, and got us to a League Cup final - now Grealish has gone, and lots of fans on here at least have decided Mings and McGinn have served their purpose - which is fine, but it cheapens those special days around the promotion, Mings going back to Bournemouth on the train in his Villa shirt, etc. Of course the relentless pursuit of success will always win out over ‘feelings’ - but the feelings are what build connection, and it’s a time of transition if nothing else. It doesn’t mean it’s a bad thing, and I want us to improve, but it’s still bittersweet.

I hear you. The Smith-Grealish thing was special. The guys who battled for us in the Championship I think are held in higher esteem than a lot of ex players from seasons past in the Prem. Chester and Hourihane and Kodjia and Uncle Albert and so many more. A great connection. But this is the nature of the beast. We have to progress otherwise we stagnate again. And part of achieving bigger things is becoming more ruthless. Be glad we had that little era to begin with. Amazing, isn't it? One of the most interesting, fun and rewarding periods of following Villa (27 years here) was the period after we got relegated. 

Edited by maqroll
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Possibly.

Targett- sounds like 15 mil possibly already agreed.
Davis - maybe 7-10 mil

El Ghazi, Trez, Guilbert, Sanson will all probably go on/continue foreign loans.

I think Hause could get about 10-15 mil. I could see him going to a newly promoted club or another lower half prem club. He deserves a good move to be fair. Although I wonder where he’s been for the last few weeks. Kept getting reported he was unavailable but I never heard a specific injury mentioned. I wondered whether there had been a falling out.

We won’t get much for Traore. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was still here next season.

Whilst we're getting carried away with ourselves...what about griezmann? On loan at Atletico from barcelona and i think he has another season loan there before they have something similar to the Coutinho deal. If we stepped in with a £30m or so offer I'm sure there would be serious interest. If you look at Martinez - Kamara - Coutinho - Griezmann these are the kind of sit up and take notice type signings/team.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, peterw said:

Whilst we're getting carried away with ourselves...what about griezmann? On loan at Atletico from barcelona and i think he has another season loan there before they have something similar to the Coutinho deal. If we stepped in with a £30m or so offer I'm sure there would be serious interest. If you look at Martinez - Kamara - Coutinho - Griezmann these are the kind of sit up and take notice type signings/team.

3 goals in 29 league games this season and is already 31. Not worth 30m on certainly not for the wages he'll be coming in with.

Edited by Laughable Chimp

6 hours ago, ender4 said:

Do we still have Trez and El Ghazi coming back to us from loan? 

Are Guilbert and Samatta gone for good?

Trez, El Ghazi and Guilbert all return. Samatta is gone

Although I'd imagine Trez and Guilbert will have suitors. Think we'll wind up loaning El Ghazi to the Eridivisie or Championship.

Wonder if he and Dean still have a good relationship and he could go to Norwich?

56 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

Possibly.

Targett- sounds like 15 mil possibly already agreed.
Davis - maybe 7-10 mil

El Ghazi, Trez, Guilbert, Sanson will all probably go on/continue foreign loans.

I think Hause could get about 10-15 mil. I could see him going to a newly promoted club or another lower half prem club. He deserves a good move to be fair. Although I wonder where he’s been for the last few weeks. Kept getting reported he was unavailable but I never heard a specific injury mentioned. I wondered whether there had been a falling out.

We won’t get much for Traore. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was still here next season.

Newcastle allegedly looking at new Leftbacks. I think they may see themselves getting better than Targett already and we'll need to find somebody else for him. Hopefully not.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, peterw said:

On ~£300,000/wk at 31 and took a major pay cut to get down to that.

16 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Newcastle allegedly looking at new Leftbacks. I think they may see themselves getting better than Targett already and we'll need to find somebody else for him. Hopefully not.

Fulham linked yesterday. Or worst case, he comes back with his tail between his legs and competes with Digne.

7 hours ago, striker said:

Would love to see Villa sign Pope and Tarkowski from Burnley. I rate Pope better than Martinez.

I wouldn't got that far. Martinez did have a poor season, but last season he was superb. I hope he gets back to that level. We're sorted in GK with Martinez and Olsen

• Like 1

8 hours ago, supermon said:

I'd love to have Suarez in our team, the guy can do a job, even if it's just for a season or two. He knows where the back of the net is, Ings Watkins and Suarez isn't a bad front three. Have Archer go on loan for another season.

Absolutely. Think of the standards he has and the drive he has. Especially in a World Cup season. Archer and Watkins learning off him. There are 5 subs next season. I've read he is on £160k per week at Atletico I'm sure we can get him into our pay structure for a season 125k pw and a sign on fee. 

I think he has an offer from us. However there is the possibility of Barcelona if they fail to get Lewandowski so no wonder he's not decided yet. Inter also have to be a great option as he has a chance to win Serie A. I'd say the length of contract is also a factor he's considering, who is offering a 2 year deal if anyone is?

Ronaldo and Benezema are showing age is just a number like Ibrahimovic had already done.