Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I guess if Suarez does sign, I'll have to suck it up and support it. It would be hard for me, though, as I find him amongst the most unsufferable people in the game. 

No question he's talented, but I will be honest, the only people I'd less like to see in a Villa shirt are Troy Deeney, and Ben Mee.

I guess I'll get over it.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, supermon said:

I think now we have Kamara we need a proper box to box kinda player that has an amazing engine, not sure who that could be. Really don't want to see Kamara and Mcginn as the two in midfield.

We have Ramsey, McGinn and Sanson. Don't think we're in need of a B2B midfielder with an engine.

Plus we don't play with 2 in midfield. We'll end up with Ramsey and McGinn as the 8s with Kamara as a 6 behind them protecting the defence.

I think maybe we can push for McGinn to become rotational. But if you buy another high-energy 8 you end up with say Gallagher, not convinced he could play alongside Ramsey. They'd both want to do the same job.

Ramsey or McGinn, alongside a more defensive minded 8, say Bissouma. Or a more deep lying playmaker, like Luiz. With Kamara would be great.

Edit: Unless you mean someone like say Yaya Toure. A powerful runner who could play either role and add more physicality. Then, yeah I agree, hard to find though and can be hit-or-miss, Soumare at Leicester was supposed to be that player but it hasn't aligned for him yet.

Kondogbia could actually do that role (obviously not as well as Yaya). But imagine we've lost the chance of getting him now after ruining Atletis plans to replace him.

Edited by HalfTimePost

Re: Suarez, he doesn't play ninety minutes anymore...

But he's a winner....impact substitute, occasional starter, experience and mentor for the squad and the likes of Archer, Ramsey, Chukwuemeka etc.

One season deal, yeah I can see the logic.

12 minutes ago, supermon said:

I think now we have Kamara we need a proper box to box kinda player that has an amazing engine, not sure who that could be. Really don't want to see Kamara and Mcginn as the two in midfield.

The Scottish Lad with the backside?

Ramsey?

🤔

Bissouma?

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I guess if Suarez does sign, I'll have to suck it up and support it. It would be hard for me, though, as I find him amongst the most unsufferable people in the game. 

No question he's talented, but I will be honest, the only people I'd less like to see in a Villa shirt are Troy Deeney, and Ben Mee.

He's less than half the player that left Liverpool.

Could be good if we're piling on trying to score in games. I can see his role being a lot of last 30 minute appearances.

I'd much rather we went after someone like Charles De Ketelaere. Suarez will bring very different qualities.

Edited by Tomaszk

7 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Would it soften the blow if he just came in to grab a few important goals and make way for the Archer to step up and kill everything in 23/24?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Would it soften the blow if he just came in to grab a few important goals and make way for the Archer to step up and kill everything in 23/24?

I guess. I'm...I just don't know really. I'm already feeling pretty disconnected with the team at the moment. Signing Suarez wouldn't help. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's less than half the player that left Liverpool.

Could be good if we're piling on trying to score in games. I can see his role being a lot of last 30 minute appearances.

I'd much rather we went after someone like Charles De Ketelaere. Suarez will bring very different qualities.

I'd never heard of Charles De Ketelaere until I brought him to Villa on Fifa. Fwiw he is freaking epic on there.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I guess. I'm...I just don't know really. I'm already feeling pretty disconnected with the team at the moment. Signing Suarez wouldn't help. 

Yeah I get you.

Similarly to how I would probably feel if we just got shot of Ming's suddenly.

I do want the signings, the quality in depth and competetion of course, but I also want continuity and connectivity in some sense as well.

Club need to consider the relationship of the fans with players and such as well.

20 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Sure, but hasn't the lad only scored half a dozen goals in the championship?

I wouldn't figure him in any future plans until he has ripped the league up for a whole season.