Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I'm perfectly happy with the Chambers/Mings combo tbh. Konsa and Hause are fine as depth too

At least for where we are now. Because even with a good striker, we might be approaching a point where we have good players all over the starting 11, but many of them are just shy of being top 6 quality. Which may become a problem later.

The idea is that we don't want to be where we are now anymore...

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Villa Stu said:

El Ghazi had a few penalties as well to be fair though

Yes, swap the penalties around and Couts would be so far ahead he would be out of sight, even if his missed half the penalties!

Just now, MotoMkali said:

Arsenal are apparently in for Tielemans for 25 million. I'd be all over that and try to persuade him to become the 3rd in a midfield with Kamara and Ramsey. 

Leicester paid £40m for him and he’s since proven he’s a quality PL player. Even with only a year left on his contract I can’t believe they’d sell him for 40% less than they paid.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Adam2003 said:

Leicester paid £40m for him and he’s since proven he’s a quality PL player. Even with only a year left on his contract I can’t believe they’d sell him for 40% less than they paid.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2022/05/23/mikel-arteta-pushing-arsenal-make-25m-bid-youri-tielemans/?utm_content=football&utm_medium=Social&utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_source=Twitter#Echobox=1653308767-1

Percy is reporting it so... 

We're not needing to improve on Martinez, Digne, Cash, Buendia, Coutinho, Ramsey, and looks like McGinn is safe in SG's mind - but everyone else we can upgrade. Reckon we will see Konsa, Ings, Luiz swapped for better in this window. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

After the Kamara signing, the last hole in our squad is a striker. If we can get that, I think we're golden in terms of our first 11.

Apparently we need more 'holes in the squad as these ones are too soft

29 minutes ago, Adam2003 said:

Valuations begin to drop with 18 months left. With 12 months to go they are down a fair bit (which is why we won't get much for Dougie)

24 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Reckon we will see Konsa, Ings, Luiz swapped for better in this window. 

Rumours are that Ings is getting a contract extension so I’m not sure you are right on him.

21 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I don’t think Leicester fans have been happy with Tielemans this season. Might be wrong 

i think Tielemans is seen as a bit of a lazy midfielder.

not sure tho.

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Rumours are that Ings is getting a contract extension so I’m not sure you are right on him.

i would literally give you £100 if we extended Ings' contract, makes no sense at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think Konsa is sold this summer. He's currently injured, so unlikely that people buy him during his current condition. Plus he's on one of the longest contracts at the club. Yes, he's had a down year by his own standards, but it's a bit too soon to move on from one of the better English central defenders in the year.

I think with the recent performances of Chambers, and Konsa's injury status, it's more likely that Hause will be allowed to leave but we will try to bring in a top level centre-back, a level above any of our current defenders, to force competition between Mings/Konsa/Chambers.

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

i would literally give you £100 if we extended Ings' contract, makes no sense at all.

I know I agree but these kind of rumours amongst fans end up being correct more often than not.  They start floating way before the media get wind.

2 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Now that Coutinho and Kamara are done deals, what business is left?

CM - Phillips, Bissouma

CB - Tarkowski, Lacroix 

ST - Suarez?  Any other links?

Hickey but I doubt that will happen

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Give it a week or so and I will be able to go into on topic and read some threads for the first time in months.

Which ones? All the manager and player ones will be about how 'dogshit' they are. Any potential signings will also be dogshit, and not worth the money.