Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, villa4europe said:

Worryingly Haaland on 20/21 was the best player I've ever seen in 20 years of playing it

It was almost laughable how good he was, 80 to 90 goals per calendar year for several years running

He is basically a robot anyway. 

53 minutes ago, Tayls said:

No way! I think he’s brill. 

Oh man, he's awful.

Wins nothing when challenged in the air. Slow. Can play in the middle of a very defensive side's back three and nowhere else.

15 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Coady is only able to play in a back 3 so it's a bit of a moot point anyway tbf.

Anyway, I'm up for doubling on Marseilles (sort of) players...

Yup, another Marseille (Arsenal) player I'd be very interested in as I've mentioned.

Liked him when he broke through at Saint Etienne and he's been oddly treated by Arsenal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

With the 5 sub rule happening next season, how many more signings do you think we’ll make?

Depends who leaves. But the 5 subs will be great for some youth. Archer, Tim, Carney (if he stays) and KKH will all get more minutes next season.

9 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

With the 5 sub rule happening next season, how many more signings do you think we’ll make?

Still only a 25 man squad allowed. We filled out 25 players in January but one was Trezeguet

3 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If you had to choose between signing Sven Botman or Jonathan David from Lille who ya picking ? 

Botman.

David is very good but pretty rough round the edges. He'd miss plenty of the chances Watkins does and give us less off the ball.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

If you had to choose between signing Sven Botman or Jonathan David from Lille who ya picking ? 

tbh, i dont think David even looks that good in his "youtube highlights".....

thats normally a bad sign imo, if you cant even make a player look that good with his best bits.

1 hour ago, KMitch said:

Outs: 

• El Ghazi
  • Trezeguet
  • Traore
  • Targett
  • Davis
  • Sanson
  • Nakamba
  • Hause

Adding to the “out” players:  Freddie Guilbert (should get us a few quid) and Kalinic ( just to remove wages if nothing else).

Plus if Luiz and Chuk force us to sell, it could be many as twelve players out this summer going by your list. It probably won’t be as many as that and some would go on loan again but it’s a good chunk of players. 

17 minutes ago, thabucks said:

Botman. I like Jonathan David, but I don't know if he's an improvement over what we currently have. I think Botman would be.

1 minute ago, Made In Aston said:

With Gerrard's alleged desire to get the band back together, it more likely to be Fernando Torres. 

Yep he played with Digne, Chambers and Kamara didn’t he? 😉😂

• Haha 1