Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

3 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

Lacroix right footed.

Wouldn’t surprise me if with Hause supposedly moving on we were looking for a younger left sided cb to ultimately replace Mings.

Bassey fits the bill as he can play LB too. 

9 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Well we need 4 CBs and I'd say Konsa will be 3rd choice going into next season behind whomever we sign. He's still young so has a chance of forcing his way back into the team. Competition for places is what we want and we saw lots of different players starting games under Gerrard. Hause being injured probably cost him some game time too. 

I reckon it's also a bit shit that we often seem to forget Callum Chambers exists 😂

Poor lad hasn't done anything wrong, he's just easy to forget about for some reason ffs

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I reckon it's also a bit shit that we often seem toforget Callum Chambers exists 😂

Poor lad hasn't done anything wrong, he's just easy to forget about for some reason ffs

Really like him. He replaces Young as the guy who covers 4 positions next season I reckon.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I really don't think we'll ever play with a back three. We've.a CDM who can drop into the backline if needed during a game

Bassey and Tarkowski would be two great additions to the squad for sure though

I think that's part of what makes Kamara so attractive to Gerrard. His size and experience as a CB means he can drop back between Mings and Konsa/Chambers to serve as a back three while both Digne and Cash move forward in attack. 

31 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is it " small time " that I'd be gutted to see Tyrone relegated or flogged?

For me, he's " Mr. Aston Villa " ATM despite the flaws.

Would rather someone like Bassey come in as an understudy/back up and for him to be phased out gradually if anything.

Big time. You're big time for thinking that.

• Thanks 1

If we can bring in Lacroix as a right sided CB, Bassey to cover left CB and LB, then Bissouma, our squad would drastically improve.

Other than that it would just be bringing in another striker. Darwin Nunez would be the perfect striker for us, but I just can’t see it happening. Maybe Alexander Isak, who is physically similar to Tammy and highly rated, could be another option.

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

I really don't think we'll ever play with a back three. We've.a CDM who can drop into the backline if needed during a game. 

Bassey and Tarkowski would be two great additions to the squad for sure though

Shirley we can get bassey at least 

Edited by dotcomsimon
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

We were linked with a summer move for Lacazette on a free transfer back in February. Would anyone take him now? 

No no no. If people think Watkins isn’t scoring enough I really wonder what they’d say after a season with Lacazette.

• Haha 1

I'd love to have Suarez in our team, the guy can do a job, even if it's just for a season or two. He knows where the back of the net is, Ings Watkins and Suarez isn't a bad front three. Have Archer go on loan for another season.

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

———————Nunez————————
——Coutinho—————Buendia——
———————Ramsey———————
———Kamara———Bissouma———
Digne——Mings—Tarkowski—Cash
———————Martinez———————

😍

I think i'd rather have McGinn in that team over Bissouma 

• Haha 2
  • Shocked 2

9 hours ago, duke313 said:

How does Kamara coming in change the rest of the transfer window?  I still think SG will want another midfielder, will he still go in for a Phillips/Bissouma/Sangare type?

Sangare isn't like the other two he is another 6

9 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

He says he hasn't agreed to anything but that he wants to stay in Europe. Which means he's already signed a deal with Villa. 😂

He's lying through his teeth. 2 year deal coming up.