Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

12 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I don't get the obsession with Bissouma... He's not a 6 and he's a mediocre 8 in the Prem.  

You're going to have a lynch mob of VT members in front of your door in 3, 2, 1

• Haha 1

Just now, PaulMcGrath_5 said:

You must be kidding?

Genuine impression. I only watched near the end though. I can't remember exactly what it was about him—I'd never heard of him before and genuinely thought he stood out as bad!

1 minute ago, Rolta said:

He looked rubbish in the 30 or so minutes I watched of the Uefa League final last week.

Are you sure you were watching the right player? He was the stand out man of the match for me! 

Just now, Rolta said:

Genuine impression. I only watched near the end though. I can't remember exactly what it was about him—I'd never heard of him before and genuinely thought he stood out as bad!

Pretty sure it was either him or Borre who was MOTM.

27 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I said potential signings, i.e. that the club have made approaches for. They clearly aren't any good, compared with the obscure Tibetan DM that the poster is championing due to his stats in a computer game. Obviously, once they're in a Villa shirt, they are the messiah, up until their first mis-hit in a match, at which point they become dogshit. 

AKA Mathieu Berson syndrome

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

He was one we were linked to a while back and was said Gerrard was super keen on him. 

Looks like half of Europe want him too though

He turned down Spurs in Jan as they (Villareal) were still in the CL. 

Chelsea would be stupid if they didn't go for him.

We might as well try but he feels even less likely than Botman. Who knows. 

Edited by sne

42 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Forgetting Managers and all that.

The fact that, we are attracting Champions League calibre players, away from Champions League clubs, as well as taking them from Champions League clubs.

To a club which finished 14th, very much indicates that there are big and ambitious things brewing behind the scenes, which none of us know about.

Obviously money comes into play, but there are clubs which can match, or even offer more than us to these players.

These players are obviously being sold an exciting " project "

NSWE mean business!

That's exactly what I'm getting from all of this. Exciting times.

• Like 2

On 17/05/2022 at 20:40, Vive_La_Villa said:

There’s not a chance Gerrards main target won’t be a CDM. The fact he loves Nakamba there and has tried both Chambers and an 18 year old shows the type of player he wants in that position.  

I reckon a CDM will be our first signing.

Told you! I know I’m such a child 🤣 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I said potential signings, i.e. that the club have made approaches for. They clearly aren't any good, compared with the obscure Tibetan DM that the poster is championing due to his stats in a computer game. Obviously, once they're in a Villa shirt, they are the messiah, up until their first mis-hit in a match, at which point they become dogshit. 

As soon they are dropped though, they become brilliant again and the solution to all our woes. The 'Sanson syndrome'. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Xela said:

As soon they are dropped though, they become brilliant again and the solution to all our woes. The 'Sanson syndrome'. 

Any day now, Nigel Reo Coker will get a chance to properly show what he can do

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

That's exactly what I'm getting from all of this. Exciting times.

I wonder if expansion plans, Vegas Villans, Stadium development and other things come into conversations as well?