Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

We need another Central Midfielder an experienced one. We've added Kamara who is new to Premier League and is 22 years old. We've JJ who has just turned 21 and Carney turning 19 next season.

A senior player who doesn't need to play every week. 

2 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Newcastle allegedly looking at new Leftbacks. I think they may see themselves getting better than Targett already and we'll need to find somebody else for him. Hopefully not.

Hopefully means the Targett deal is currently being negotiated with them then, leaked a story about looking elsewhere to shave £5k a week off the wages 

19 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

We need another Central Midfielder an experienced one. We've added Kamara who is new to Premier League and is 22 years old. We've JJ who has just turned 21 and Carney turning 19 next season.

A senior player who doesn't need to play every week. 

Ashley Young? 🤣

It will be heard to find a senior player who is prepared to sit on the bench behind a 22 and 21 year old, and one that is actually good enough to play when called upon.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Ashley Young? 🤣

It will be heard to find a senior player who is prepared to sit on the bench behind a 22 and 21 year old, and one that is actually good enough to play when called upon.

Well I think a little bit of rotation is what Gerrard wants if he has a squad full of players he trusts. Plus players coming off the bench to close games out. 

We can't rely on a midfielder of JJ Kamara McGinn and nothing more on the bench (Luiz, Sanson both departing). 

37 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

If you believe the press this is Kalvin Phillips. I think we’d have to break the bank to get him now that Leeds have stayed up but SG and Co have pulled off unexpected transfers before. 

3 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Trez, El Ghazi and Guilbert all return. Samatta is gone

Although I'd imagine Trez and Guilbert will have suitors. Think we'll wind up loaning El Ghazi to the Eridivisie or Championship.

Wonder if he and Dean still have a good relationship and he could go to Norwich?

I can see DS coming back for a few of our players on loan next season. El Ghazi and maybe Davis. Hourihane is out of contract now too I think. 

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

If you believe the press this is Kalvin Phillips. I think we’d have to break the bank to get him now that Leeds have stayed up but SG and Co have pulled off unexpected transfers before. 

Loads linking him with City.  I wonder is that his agent pushing his name about to get a bidding war going?

14 minutes ago, beachboys1 said:

a\re we going after all free transfers

No but Gerrard explicitly said '1 or 2 were close' when talking about Free Transfers when asked by a journo last week. Obviously one of those was Kamara, may be that's our lot but anticipating one more because of Gerrards quote

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HalfTimePost said:

No but Gerrard explicitly said '1 or 2 were close' when talking about Free Transfers when asked by a journo last week. Obviously one of those was Kamara, may be that's our lot but anticipating one more because of Gerrards quote

The other one is likely Suarez.  Coutinho, Kamara and Suarez for £17m.

8 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

Just to take everybody's temperature. We're being connected to Luis Suarez for all the obvious reasons, but what about Edinson Cavani? 

He wants to play in Spain 

26 minutes ago, duke313 said:

The other one is likely Suarez.  Coutinho, Kamara and Suarez for £17m.

Do we really think Suarez is going to sit for us? I don’t know why but I just don’t buy this one! That’s not to say I wouldn’t be happy with him up top! 

1 minute ago, Herman22 said:

Do we really think Suarez is going to sit for us? I don’t know why but I just don’t buy this one! That’s not to say I wouldn’t be happy with him up top! 

Suarez will start most games, he’s better than what we have

37 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

I’m not English so I don’t buy into the hype regards Philips.  Very good player, but not the player the English media portrays him to be, especially at the ridiculous price Leeds would be wanting. 

33 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

tarowski excuse spelling

1 minute ago, desensitized43 said:

Why do we? We have Nakamba as backup and Luiz who can play they (admittedly not his best role).

Probably because we want better than Nakamba mate, as much as I love him.

We need players much better on the ball all over the team, but the middle of the pitch is where it's most important!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Probably because we want better than Nakamba mate, as much as I love him.

We need players much better on the ball all over the team, but the middle of the pitch is where it's most important!

Wouldn't we just be investing into people just sat on a bench though? Whoever we sign now will probably be backup for Kamara.

1 minute ago, desensitized43 said:

Wouldn't we just be investing into people just sat on a bench though? Whoever we sign now will probably be backup for Kamara.

What if Kamara gets injured or suspended?

Or we want to play a double pivot Vs certain opposition ?

Cup games etc?

• Thanks 1