Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just make this happen pls......

image.png.31502b53a431e90726abbf0807d7631d.png

image.png.7938edd834c28a4176b6e834dd5a4683.png

(note: prob need a backup LB also tbh)

Konsa not noted as he seems to have broken himself.

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Shocked 1

2 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Looks ambitious except for the centre-backs. Not sure Martinez, Mings and Caleta-Car are confident enough in possession to build successfully from the back.

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

I say this with some hesitation but.......

Richarlison??

Not convinced that he's a rain or shine 100% player that'd do it every week, or that even if they went down Everton would talk an even anywhere near sensible price for him 

@Xela tarkowski will get one last pay day, will go to whoever gives him the most money for the longest period of time, lazy guess would be £100k+ per week for 5 years and I'm not convinced by that at all, for as obvious as Newcastle seems I'm not sure they'll go for that either 

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

I say this with some hesitation but.......

Richarlison??

3 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve mentioned him before but unjust haven’t seen enough of him. He seems to do it for Brazil though. 

I've mentioned him as well.

Quality I think.

A right prick though. Lol

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MaVilla said:

I get that people want attacking players pretty much always but I would only look at the defence and defensive midfield this summer.

Do it properly and get it sorted then reassess the players further forward when they have a rock solid base to play from.

• Like 1

Think we'll see two CBs with Ezris injury, think it was up for debate anyway but now we may pull the trigger. He'll be out most of the year if it's an ACL. Back in November at best but probably in Jan/Feb. 

When he's at his best he has an extra yard of pace compared to most CBs. Not saying he's rapid but he is quick enough, McGinn even mentioned it this week. He may well lose that yard after an ACL.

Although, we won't be able to sell Ezri so maybe it will stop it from happening

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I've mentioned him as well.

Quality I think.

A right prick though. Lol

Thing is Villa have been crying out for someone like that for years...

Now perhaps not Richarlison but someone like him in CM.

11 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Thing is Villa have been crying out for someone like that for years...

Now perhaps not Richarlison but someone like him in CM.

We are currently one of the most hated teams in the league. Cash, Mings, Martinez are despised by the opposition 

• Like 1

Better to be hated by other fans/teams than liked, if you're liked by other teams shows that you're not seen as a threat, probably telling that Cash, Mings and Martinez are three of our best players.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Would anyone take Tarkowski?

In a low block system he's very good at what he's asked to do.

Bit higher up and he'd probably be exposed although it's not like he's really slow.

Feels the sort Everton will scramble around to sign and then be bemused when he hits 30 and turns into Michael Keane overnight.

I think with CB it's simple. Konsa ACL makes it more likely we'll just go in for Joe Gomez and keep Hause until January given his new deal.

Minimal disruption given the signings we need to make in other areas.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I’ve mentioned him before but unjust haven’t seen enough of him. He seems to do it for Brazil though. 

I think Gerrard would enjoy managing him, he's that niggly sort in the mould of Suarez. Even in poor season he's still hit double figures in the prem and can get a team up the pitch with workrate and mobility.

Would be interesting option but would imagine he'll go to France or Spain.

Anyone with a complaint that Mings and Konsa struggle to play from the back, aren't going to find Tarkowski any better at that aspect of the game, he's probably worse, very good at the defensive side of things, but won't improve our ability to build from the back, if his distribution was better I imagine he would have long ago already signed for one of the division's better teams.

I don't see where Richarlison would fit in our team, we've already got plenty of options in the wide forward / No.10 area, he can also play through the middle as the main striker, but if we're to replace Watkins with someone for that role I think it wll be someone that specializes in that position, and probably someone more prolific, which I think would be the main point in signing a new striker in the first place, someone that can take the chances that Watkins and Ings have been missing.

• Like 2

I know he's only really played for one year at league one level, but I want us to look at Callum Doyle. He does play for Man City, but he's just looked so impressive every time I've seen him play. Left footed center back

• Thanks 1