Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

26 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

If it was a simple choice, Isak or Abraham?

I really wouldn’t know who’s the better player or fit for a team like us?

Tammy!

Should’ve brought him last summer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

I think that type of forward would be a really good fit in our team given what we're going to go with next season and big doubts over our main two CFs in pushing us on.

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

I like Firmino but he absolutely doesn’t fit into the system we play. Couldn’t be further from it actually. 

Glad I can always count on VT to settle an enquiry for me.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Glad I can always count on VT to settle an enquiry for me.

I think some people believe gerrard ultimately wants to replicate Liverpool, in which case firmino would work well, however not so well if we want to implement the dual 10 formation as we likely need someone who makes runs in behind 

10 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

Define much. He's still scoring at a very good rate for City, he just doesn't play that much for them due to rotation and their wealth of attacking options. He's easily a 10-15 goal player if he was the main man. 

I mean Firmino. He scored nine goals last season.

2 hours ago, Indigo said:

Imagine Firmino playing in his false 9 role with two 10s behind him. Would just be Digne and Cash overlapping to whip it into the box for...absolutely nobody. 

I'd genuinely like to see Ramsey pushed up at times next season, he makes some clever runs, is reasonably quick and has a decent finish on him.

If we're really signing two CMs then he's going to continue playing at the third attacker but would like him to swop with Buendia for some games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villarule123 said:

Talking of Isak, could we tempt him if we sell Ollie? He 'only' has a £64m release clause and if we got a good fee for Ollie then he'd be a great replacement. 

There was talk he was destined for Barca but seems they're going big on Lewandowski now and also have Aubameyang for next season.

Amazed Arsenal haven't gone for him.

I actually think 40m or so would get Isak as he's cooled a bit in terms of scoring recently but so much potential with how he plays. Only issue is he plays for side in Spain who consistently qualifies for europa so would he trade that to go to mid table team?

That's the issue with more ambitious targets that haven't worked with Gerrard before....we'd be a long way down rhe list for someone like Isak.

34 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Watkins

For what? Finishing 11th every season.

In fairness to Ollie if he can score twice v Burnley and get one v Palace he'd have pretty much matched his goal tally from last season in less games and having a poorer general second season at this level.

However his all round game has massively declined for whatever reason. If people think he can massively bounce back next year and fire us to 7th then fair enough but I have my doubts. Even at his best he's simply not that clinical a finisher.

Tammy seems to only get goals when he plays for a dominant team in the league. If he went to a mid table club, he would probably get exposed as pretty average.  Also, Steven is trying to build a high pressing side. Tammy is not giving you the necessary running for 90 minutes a game. Unless he is coming on the cheap, and cool with not starting then I'm going to pass. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Tammy seems to only get goals when he plays for a dominant team in the league.

Based on what? He’s 24 years old and the last 4 years played for Roma, Chelsea and Villa in the Championship.  You’re surely not basing it on before that?

7 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

If he went to a mid table club, he would probably get exposed as pretty average. 

Probably? But also probably not.  I don’t know even how you are guessing this.

9 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Also, Steven is trying to build a high pressing side. Tammy is not giving you the necessary running for 90 minutes a game.

Have you watched him? When he was with us, when he was with Chelsea and now Roma.  Yes not quite at Ollie’s level but not that short of it plus he brings goals.

11 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Unless he is coming on the cheap, and cool with not starting then I'm going to pass. 

He would easily start for us, would be the best striker in our squad.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Tammy seems to only get goals when he plays for a dominant team in the league. If he went to a mid table club, he would probably get exposed as pretty average.  Also, Steven is trying to build a high pressing side. Tammy is not giving you the necessary running for 90 minutes a game. Unless he is coming on the cheap, and cool with not starting then I'm going to pass. 

Well this is going to anger @nick76

• Haha 4

8 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Chico Monteiro was born in Goa in 1918. He refused to take an Indian passport when they annexed Goa. In a court battle over 5 years, despite being represented by the Queen’s personal council he was finally convicted. 

Whilst in prison he represented E wing’s 5 a side team and now is of interest to SG as he tries to raise the average age of the team. 

For the full story, see the Birmingham Live website in a couple of hours time. 

FFS

I was desperate to proceed to make a post about people questioning Lange and Co " scouting " as well. lol

• Haha 1