Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Full back is probably our strongest positions, so its going to be difficult to get cover.

I can't see further than KKH and Ben Chrisene.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is Kamara as good as all the hype?

When are we going to start having obligatory and misleading Youtube videos to get us excited about players we probably won't sign, away from the doom in other threads?

He’s very good IMO (but if we lose next season’s opener at Huddersfield people will still question if the midfield issue really has been solved and if he is that much better than Nakamba)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Can we please not take Suarez for his Gabby years - he's not fit enough for this league. 

Trouble is...fitness and athleticism plays a huge part now.....movement is key.

Unless they are using these players as a spratt, to catch a mackerel?.....and to mentor the academy kids

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

If newcastle don't take targett i say we keep him and let him fight it out for left back with digne. I doubt digne can play all season so targetts good enough. 

Obviously if a good offer comes in than sell but id happily keep targett here and use the money on more important positions like cm and a striker

• Like 1

There is no doubt ending so far down the table will hamper us this summer. Significantly less money available to spend 10m+ is like a 40m player in FFP headroom

Plus join a club who end 15th or 14th in the League? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Is Kamara as good as all the hype?

When are we going to start having obligatory and misleading Youtube videos to get us excited about players we probably won't sign, away from the doom in other threads?

YES! He is a very good player.

I'll repeat it until I am blue in the face, if we got him on a free and signed Koopmeiners from Atalanta we would solve our midfield troubles without question.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

There is no doubt ending so far down the table will hamper us this summer. Significantly less money available to spend 10m+ is like a 40m player in FFP headroom

Plus join a club who end 15th or 14th in the League? 

The money lost is a problem but I’m afraid the optics of finishing 14th is worse when it comes to recruiting. I think part of the reason for investing in January was to finish the season strongly, with the summer window in mind.

• Like 1

Worried for the summer and next season.

Don't trust anyone we have purchasing players. Who is next. Daniel Sturridge?

We won't get anyone as good as Bruno Guimaraes who was there for us for the last 18 months.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

The money lost is a problem but I’m afraid the optics of finishing 14th is worse when it comes to recruiting. I think part of the reason for investing in January was to finish the season strongly, with the summer window in mind.

Yeah we just slid down the table from 9th to 14th on last 10 weeks. Lost money and have no momentum. Stumbling into the summer window. 

I'd be amazed if any top targets want to come here. 

• Like 1

Don't think the league position will mean anything in terms of a player wanting to join us. We've sold many players on our vision already, we'll continue to be able to do so.

FFP will be the limiting factor for us.

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah we just slid down the table from 9th to 14th on last 10 weeks. Lost money and have no momentum. Stumbling into the summer window. 

I'd be amazed if any top targets want to come here. 

If we had another 4/5 points it would look very different on the surface to foreign players BUT they and their agents do scrutinise offers.

They will be looking at our positive factors

4 hours ago, TRO said:

Full back is probably our strongest positions, so its going to be difficult to get cover.

I can't see further than KKH and Ben Chrisene.

Would be risky. Kess is probably ready to come back in the squad as he's two excellent loans in two different divisions but think it's too soon for Chisene. If manager deemed him ready he'd have had some prem minutes already.

Can only say to a prospective new signing at LB that you'll start the league cup games and we'll regularly put you on around 70th minute with 5 subs. Then if Digne needs a breather after world cup you'll start games in December and January.

Can't be relying on Young as backup next season. He'll try his best but there's a reason there aren't many 38 year old full backs in the league.