Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

The scariest thing about Suarez is it'll have to be two up front. That means no Buendia and loads of Coutinho.

This is the end of Gerrard's fledgling managerial career if he blows this summer wasting money. He'll never get a higher profile, as well paid and well backed job as Villa.

The two up front thing, I agree with. But does it necessarily mean we will pursue it if we sign Suarez? The way I see it, it allows us to sell Ings and then move back to a 4-3-2-1 (sigh) but have Suarez and Watkins as the two strikers competing in the system?
I agree with you on most things Tomaszk but not necessarily on your view of Gerrard. I think he deserves a chance to put his own team together - even if the downside of it is huge should he get it wrong!

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

The two up front thing, I agree with. But does it necessarily mean we will pursue it if we sign Suarez? The way I see it, it allows us to sell Ings and then move back to a 4-3-2-1 (sigh) but have Suarez and Watkins as the two strikers competing in the system?
I agree with you on most things Tomaszk but not necessarily on your view of Gerrard. I think he deserves a chance to put his own team together - even if the downside of it is huge should he get it wrong!

Suarez cant move so will have to play with another striker to do his running 

If you look at United with Ronaldo well Ronaldo is still a lot more workrate and dynamism than Suarez can do now

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

My son bit me this morning but I’m not going to be stopping him playing football. 

We all make mistakes. 

Is your son a 27 year old on a 100k a week when he did it? 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

My son bit me this morning but I’m not going to be stopping him playing football. 

We all make mistakes. 

Is your son mid to late 20's? Because if he is, you might want to look into getting him some help.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

My heart is set on Kamara coming in as a free.  If we don’t get him now,  I’ll be very disappointed 

I wouldn't get your hopes up, it's likely he'll sign for Atletico over us. 

10 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

How much do you pay him? Incentivised contract?

I've told him as soon as he can kick the ball further than 10 yards, he'll slot nicely into our central midfield. 

Not sure I can incentivise him much more than that. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I've told him as soon as he can kick the ball further than 10 yards, he'll slot nicely into our central midfield. 

Not sure I can incentivise him much more than that. 

Hoofball merchant

• Haha 4

14 minutes ago, duke313 said:

They are offering him Champions League and a chance to win trophies.

Money talks.  Also im not sure Kamara will want to be competing with Kondogbia.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I dunno

If we'd have bought Buendia instead of barkley and put him in that bernardo silva role, 5 to 10 yard simple pass option inside of Jack playing off him then I think we would be very close to where we all want to be already 

Yep.

Wouldn't have taken too much to have us up in sixth now IMO.  Definitely if Jack had stayed. Utd garbage. Spurs and Arsenal undoubtedly beatable. West Ham, Leicester no better than us and had to contend with Europe.

The money we're about to spend, no fewer than 55 points is acceptable. That'll have us in  7th or 8th next season.

Hope we don't waste any.

1 minute ago, HeyAnty said:

Kamara would be a starter over Kondogbia. Kondogbia isnt really a guaranteed starter at Atletico 

Only started 24 league games in 2 seasons 

3 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

It does, and Atletico have a considerably higher wage budget than us.  I just don't see why he would pick us over Atletico, unless he absolutely just wants to play in the Premier League.  It's the same as the Kessie transfer, we had offered more than Barca, but we chose them.

• Like 1