Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I think Ezri is a good player and can be a better player, but he's so limited with the ball that he really isn't a fit for what Gerrard envisions this team being. 

That's the odd thing I don't recall thinking his distribution was that bad under Smith. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Pissflaps said:

That's the odd thing I don't recall thinking his distribution was that bad under Smith. 

It's not terrible, but I wouldn't call it a strength. And he's not good when pressured, which is a problem considering how many top teams press high. 

9 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Its always been a thing tbh. All he does is pass to Mings the first chance be gets. It just wasn't a big concern at the time because as we saw, it could work.

Then he started becoming a defensive liability too and suddenly all his flaws are now out in the open. 

Edited by Laughable Chimp

We have slipped into a tier of football now that we were not a party to before - we've won bugger all but we are shopping at the top table. Ballsy - but I honestly think we are making the step up and you know so when top 6 fans are cooing at our business. 

14 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

Anybody twitchy about FFP?!

The wages we may be paying to attract some of these guys plus Philippe does give some cause for concern. We have been burnt before. That the said, the professional way the club is run nowadays is unrecognisable from many of the regimes of the past.

We have to trust them. I do.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Surely they wouldn't let him go? He's huge for them

He would also be someone that I'd be weary of in terms of set up, villarreal definitley get the best out of him and play to his strengths 

28 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

It seems that Twitter bloke who wrote about us now loving south americans was right after all. What else did he write again…?

I think he said Suarez has said yes. 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Agree but at the same time it still feels a bit natural, we bought players to keep us up, we bought players to push us on a bit further, then we blipped but now we're back to buying players to have a proper crack at it 

This was always the plan, even openly stated by Purslow, Deano and the club, despite what some people want to believe/ have a pop about.

• Like 2

Watkins

Coutinho.                  Buendia

Ramsey.    McGinn

Kamara

Digne.   Mings  Carlos   Cash 

Martinez

For me, I think there's a gap in midfield where McGinn is. He should be rotational but I doubt he will be. And yeah, Watkins looks like he needs to be rotational too. Shame really but those two stick out as the slots that need something more. I'm also concerned for Buendia as I'm not sure I see him and Couts playing together much and that a wide-forward may replace him.

Moreno

Coutinho.                  Buendia

Ramsey.    Bissouma

Kamara

Digne.   Mings  Carlos   Cash 

Martinez

Maybe. I'm not sure Moreno is the one. I think we'll get Jo David and rotate between him and Ollie.

15 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

The wages we may be paying to attract some of these guys plus Philippe does give some cause for concern. We have been burnt before. That the said, the professional way the club is run nowadays is unrecognisable from many of the regimes of the past.

We have to trust them. I do.

Same. I think there is substance behind our moves though. They have a clear commercial strategy that includes our academy,  stadium expansion and the MLS franchise - and god knows what else. Exciting.

There has definitely been a policy switch to get 'up there' quicker than before and our signings show that. Makes sense as every year we are off the top 6 or so, we're getting further behind financially. 

Us and Newcastle probably know we need to be mixing with the elite sooner rather than later. 

3 minutes ago, Xela said:

There has definitely been a policy switch to get 'up there' quicker than before and our signings show that. Makes sense as every year we are off the top 6 or so, we're getting further behind financially. 

Us and Newcastle probably know we need to be mixing with the elite sooner rather than later. 

Absolute step change - can't help but think it is because NUFC have entered the arena. After all, if we didn't go for these players NUFC would have. 

• Like 1

Moreno very talented but I don't think he'd suit us (or the PL) hugely.

Largely a technical player, great finisher, think he played most of Spain's games at the Euros? Doesn't offer much running in behind though and I feel like him, Coutinho and Buendia would get in each others way a bit.

Maybe the plan would be up front with someone else, in which case the dropping off wouldn't leave us so light up top?

Very happy with our movement in the transfer market..HOWEVER

Our players need to perform and our manager and coaching staff need to make this work otherwise we will just be seen as the club throwing money at average players..

• Like 2