Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

8 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I would imagine Hause will go as opposed to Konsa, but everything else is spot on.

It would be amazing if we spent £50m on a top striker. Someone like Darwin Nunez.

Yes, you’re right, missed Hause for some reason. Will edit now! 

I can see Konsa going if a good bid comes in and we sign Bassey/Tarkowski. Not sure. Definitely options! 

At the end of the day, if the club are serious about breaking into the top 6, and they want to do it quickly, if you have players that you don’t think will get you there, there is no point keeping them around. If, working within the constraints off FFP, you can move them on and bring in players you think will get you there, then why not do it and do it when you get the chance? 

I don’t buy into this idea that we need to keep Mings and McGinn around because they’ve been here throughout ‘our Journey’ and they’re good for morale. They need to be good enough footballers to help us win trophies. I’m not picking on them two because I think we should sell them, more using them as examples. 

The club may just be thinking, you know what, let’s just go for it this Summer. Again, within the FFP limits. 

Edited by Delphinho123
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Chine said:

Do we think Ings will bring 20 mill back in ?

Maybe not, mate. I honestly don’t know what we do there as he’s on a big wage. I always thought it was a daft signing when it happened. Not because he isnt a good player, but because we needed to strengthen other areas of the squad more at the time. 

The dream scenario is he is used as a makeweight in the Bissouma deal. These deals are few and far between these days though. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Maybe not, mate. I honestly don’t know what we do there as he’s on a big wage. I always thought it was a daft signing when it happened. Not because he isnt a good player, but because we needed to strengthen other areas of the squad more at the time. 

The dream scenario is he is used as a makeweight in the Bissouma deal. These deals are few and far between these days though. 

Exactly  ! It would end his tough time and we get what we need 🤞

Ings would comfortably bring in at least £20m, he hasn't been a failure with us, has decent goals and assists record in relation to the minutes he's had on the pitch, hasn't even turned 30 yet so similar age to Wilson when Newcastle paid £20m plus for him, he guarantees goals so that in itself will be worth the money for half of the league, for £12m you couldn't even get a half decent Championship strike,r so no way we would let Ings go that cheaply, his value hasn't halfed in one season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, useless said:

Ings would comfortably bring in at least £20m, he hasn't been a failure with us, has decent goals and assists record in relation to the minutes he's had on the pitch, hasn't even turned 30 yet so similar age to Wilson when Newcastle paid £20m plus for him, he guarantees goals so that in itself will be worth the money for half of the league, for £12m you couldn't even get a half decent Championship strike,r so no way we would let Ings go that cheaply, his value hasn't halfed in one season.

12 million isn’t that far a stretch when you consider that whoever would be signing him would be taking on his massive wages.

22 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

So it’s looking like…

Kamara - Free
Coutinho - 17m
Carlos - 26m
Bassey - 18m
Bissouma - 30m
Top Striker - 50m

£141m total out.

I imagine we can bring in at least £60/70m as well so that’s not bad going.

(Very conservative estimates to prove a point - I get some people value our players a lot higher)

Davis - 6m
Trezeguet - 3m
El Ghazi - 5m
Luiz - 20m
Targett - 12m
Ings - 20m
Konsa - 14m
Sanson - 8m
Traore - 8m

It’s going to be a fun Summer.

I have you right for the most part but would add:

Buy

Tarkowski - Free

Olsen - 3m

Hickey - 20m

Madueke - 20m

And would probably spend less on a "9" leaving Oliie as first choice.

Out - 160m

Sell

Ming's - 30m (Geordies want as per the Express)

Hause - 10m

I have you as 20m plus short but I would, in an ideal world, absorb this by selling Nakamba instead of Luis.

in - 100m

if all of that happened we could be some outfit next year.

Just now, TheMelvillan said:

Such a shame we didn't get that Alvarez fella when we had the chance. Think he would have been a perfect signing. And we all know he will probably waste away at city doing nothing

I agree he could have been great for us, but not sure he’ll be wasted at City.

It could take time for Haaland to learn Pep’s style, plus he is already quite injury prone and will need to rest a lot. Alvarez to me looks like a perfect Guardiola player and could surprise people by becoming very useful.

32 minutes ago, RicRic said:

All this talk of selling konsa is outrageous, spurs and arsenal had shown interest in him not too long ago and he was more composed and making far less mistakes then mings, but now we would rather mings than him very unfair extremely.. all we need now is a grade A striker who can get 14+ goals a season, watkins as we know gets 10 minimum and we need another player to add to that, its hard getting a 17+ goal striker in this league and if you do its a golden ticket… teams like man city have players that score from all positions. We need to follow that blueprint. 

On the contrary, I think now is the perfect time to be selling Konsa . . . but we won't be selling him this summer, because he's injured.

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I imagine we can bring in at least £60/70m as well so that’s not bad going.

(Very conservative estimates to prove a point - I get some people value our players a lot higher)

Davis - 6m
Trezeguet - 3m
El Ghazi - 5m
Luiz - 20m
Targett - 12m
Ings - 20m
Konsa - 14m
Sanson - 8m
Traore - 8m
Hause - 6m

It’s going to be a fun Summer.

They’re not going to bring in significantly more funds, but there’s Guilbert, Wes, Kalinic, maybe Steer in the mix too. A few million between them, perhaps. 

There would teams willing to play Ings wages and a big fee, the Winchester born ace's contract with us ends in 2024, all they would need to do is offer him a longer contract and spread his allowance over a longer period of time. I can imagine the likes of Brighton and Leeds being interested and they will pay up, £20m isn't even a lot of money by Premier League standards these days, if we were to let Ings go for around £12m it would be noticably cheap.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

I agree he could have been great for us, but not sure he’ll be wasted at City.

It could take time for Haaland to learn Pep’s style, plus he is already quite injury prone and will need to rest a lot. Alvarez to me looks like a perfect Guardiola player and could surprise people by becoming very useful.

I agree. He sounds like the perfect false "9" which Pep likes.

The level of signings we are making, and the efficiency of them, will have players and agents contacting US wanting to join, not the other way around.

I do remember one thing Craig Butler said ( Yes I know ) is that Villa were extremely efficient and serious with their interest, i.e no dossing about.

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

On the contrary, I think now is the perfect time to be selling Konsa . . . but we won't be selling him this summer, because he's injured.

Strangely, on Claret and Blue Podcast earlier, Preece claims that SG really likes Konsa and thinks he has a big future.

Could be bollox, but surprised me.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Strangely, on Claret and Blue Podcast earlier, Preece claims that SG really likes Konsa and thinks he has a big future.

Could be bollox, but surprised me.

That's interesting thanks. Very surprising to be honest, after the season he's had!

Still, Gerrard knows better than me what makes a good player.

• Like 1

Although I was against it at the time, I now see why the club has changed its position on the 5 substitutions limit.

This will allow us, to keep a big squad happy and still progress some of the youngsters!

if only we had been able to bring on a fresh engine room against Citeh! Almost like special teams in the NFL!

UTV

• Thanks 1