Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I really like the Moreno link. His stats the past 2 seasons have been very good in goal scoring and chance creation. The big caveat is his age, but I guess that's the only reason we're able to get him.

HIs goal scoring is very good, but I'm particularly impressed with his creation numbers. His expected assist per 90 is higher than any other striker in la Liga this season and second only to Messi the season before(if you count him as a striker). Shot creation per 90 this season is only lower than Benzema.

Defensive numbers are concerning, but it's nothing like Suarez's. 

47 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

That's the odd thing I don't recall thinking his distribution was that bad under Smith. 

He is a good footballer but lost all confidence in his own ability last season. If he was put in a position where a manager expected him to play out from the back at all times he would benefit. I do be frustrated seeing him making clearances into touch so often when if you look at teams like Spurs under Conte they would only do that as last resort.

1 minute ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Very happy with our movement in the transfer market..HOWEVER

Our players need to perform and our manager and coaching staff need to make this work otherwise we will just be seen as the club throwing money at average players..

At worst, we'll have a very talented squad for a new manager to work with. Although I'm confident Gerrard will deliver for us. 

46 minutes ago, Creeper said:

Yeah just come on to post about that.  Reading the Carlos reactions on Twitter from the Spanish side and there seems to be a lot of talk we are trying for Moreno.  I haven’t heard any of this from English social media side only the Spanish side.

Edited by nick76

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Ming's is going isn't he? 😩😭

Tyrone going like this would be harsh AF from the club. Loses his England spot, captaincy and has to move. 

but I guess that’s being a perm football club now days 

54 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I really like the Moreno link. His stats the past 2 seasons have been very good in goal scoring and chance creation. The big caveat is his age, but I guess that's the only reason we're able to get him.

HIs goal scoring is very good, but I'm particularly impressed with his creation numbers. His expected assist per 90 is higher than any other striker in la Liga this season and second only to Messi the season before(if you count him as a striker). Shot creation per 90 this season is only lower than Benzema.

Defensive numbers are concerning, but it's nothing like Suarez's. 

Yeah I wasn't sure of him a few years back but think he's a forward who could easily adapt to English game as he's strong in the air with solid link up play so upgrade on Ollie.

Villareal was a great move for him.

23 in 33 in La Liga in 2020/21 plus 7 in the europa.

Been injured a bit this season but still 1 in 2 scoring record so he's certainly in peak of his career.

Have to say I'm already jizzing myself this window and it's not even open. Don't think Suarez is the right choice but I'll keep faith in the recruitment team. Our ambition is off the charts. 

Now where are those tissues. 

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

He gets it, except for that about the resale value. It doesn’t matter if players perform until they’re 35, the transfer value still drops sharply around 29-30. So fees paid for players over 27-28 will more or less become net costs.