Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

14 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I think the pulling power of Gerrard and how it can advance the club has been so underrated. 

Possibly by US on here as fans, but obviously not by the club.

Of course, the Project and finances play a huge part as well, but it seems that SG is convincing and authoritative enough to sell players the " Project " . 

Aside from his legacy I mean.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CVByrne said:

Who would we replace two ever present players with then? Selling McGinn and Watkins is lunacy. 

I don't know, but its on the assumption they could be replaced with upgrades. I agree, selling them without replacing would be crazy. 

2 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Konsa had a bad year but he's been written off as garbage and dispensable so quickly. Not long ago everyone was saying he was not far off from an England call up and was better than Mings....

Gerrard has made his mind up. He brought Chambers in January as back up and has just gone and spent 25m on a Brazil International CB. That suggests to me that Konsa is not in his plans going forward. The caveat is that he could play 3 CBs next season, so who knows. 

Edited by Made In Aston

So, since Jan:

Digne - 25m

Chambers - free

Coutinho - 17m

Kamara - free

Carlos - 26m

68m very well spent imo.

I wonder how much more we intend to spend?

Hopefully we will rake in a few million for our fringe players.

Edited by MaVilla

I’d still love it if we went in for moriba from Leipzig I know he’s had a falling out and currently on loan at Valencia, but still young but he’ll only get better I know Barcelona was annoyed he left 

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So, since Jan:

Digne - 25m

Chambers - free

Coutinho - 17m

Kamara - free

Carlos - 26m

68m very well spent imo.

We really need to make some money back on players we move on rather than loaning them for pennies 

• Like 2

Just now, Pissflaps said:

We really need to make some money back on players we move on rather than loaning them for pennies 

ye cant disagree with that, we have a few with only 1 year left on their contract (El Ghazi, Trez, Guilbert, Kalanic), so we really need to be trying to cash in on them at least.

Luiz as well if he doesnt sign.

Davis also tbh, a few million for him would help (2 yrs on contract, but still, a few mil for him pls).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

So, since Jan:

Digne - 25m

Chambers - free

Coutinho - 17m

Kamara - free

Carlos - 26m

68m very well spent imo.

Coutinho… £17m … it’s still baffles me!!

Wow! We are **** going places 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ye cant disagree with that, we have a few with only 1 year left on their contract (El Ghazi, Trez, Guilbert, Kalanic), so we really need to be trying to cash in on them at least.

Luiz as well if he doesnt sign.

Davis also tbh, a few million for him would help (2 yrs on contract, but still, a few mil for him pls).

For some of them, going into their final year could make it difficult to find a buyer at all. But I agree the club should at least try.

19 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

Konsa had a bad year but he's been written off as garbage and dispensable so quickly. Not long ago everyone was saying he was not far off from an England call up and was better than Mings....

For sure I hope we keep him around because he does have very good potential which he’s already shown. He must know his form has been poor this year and can’t be surprised it’s cost him a starting place. His challenge now is to force his way into the team and when he gets a start make himself unstoppable. If he is to be an England player that should be a challenge he can face. 

1 minute ago, MaVilla said:

So, since Jan:

Digne - 25m

Chambers - free

Coutinho - 17m

Kamara - free

Carlos - 26m

68m very well spent imo.

Still need a backup goalkeeper, another midfielder (if Douglas Luiz leaves), and possibly another creative midfielder (depending on who leaves).

Lots of possible outgoings...  El Ghazi, Trezeguet, Traore, Nakamba, Davis, Hause, Guilbert, etc. 

27 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Funny you say that as I was looking at Ings's career stats and he averages a goal every 3 games (same as Watkins). Not quite the deadly striker his reputation suggests. 

To be fair, I play FPL and any player can tell you there aren't very many good strikers at the moment. Kane was the only 'deadly' striker this season (and it took him a long time to get going).

Edited by His Name Is Death

31 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I think Ezri is a good player and can be a better player, but he's so limited with the ball that he really isn't a fit for what Gerrard envisions this team being. 

8 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

It seems that Twitter bloke who wrote about us now loving south americans was right after all. What else did he write again…?

He Implied that smith regretted making mings captain and stevie G is  going to be dropping him in a CB Churn. 

also we’re still after Philips, with Bissouma as back up 

Edited by CarryOnVilla