Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

Very shaky at the start but then really grew into it - the ball for the second goal shows the ability he has going forward, which I wasn’t really aware of until I watched the Youtube highlights of his Fulham season when we signed him. 

Good game today. Dominant in their and pretty decent distribution too. I like when he plays as it means the ball can come out from the back on both sides. Tyrone seems a little more relaxed as he’s not under pressure to be the main passer out. 

was it his ball over for coutinho for the second goal too?? 

Just now, tommytenjobs said:

Good game today. Dominant in their and pretty decent distribution too. I like when he plays as it means the ball can come out from the back on both sides. Tyrone seems a little more relaxed as he’s not under pressure to be the main passer out. 

was it his ball over for coutinho for the second goal too?? 

It was and I bet it doesn't get the recognition it deserves. If De Bruyne did that, the pundits would be Daffy Ducking themselves silly.

2 minutes ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Him and Mings seem to have a good understanding already, 

Because they play for each other, konsa is just lazy lately, always looking to pass the player on, and Mings covering for him. Which produces mistakes,  maybe a spell out the team will do ezri the world of good. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Joshie2000 said:

Because they play for each other, konsa is just lazy lately, always looking to pass the player on, and Mings covering for him. Which produces mistakes,  maybe a spell out the team will do ezri the world of good. 

yep. ezri doesn't walk straight back in for me. chambers was great today

53 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

A little shaky defensively but his skills on the ball are amazing for a CB. Konsa has a fight on his hands to keep his spot. 

Konsa still better for me in how he reads the game but Chambers was good today no doubt.

Still think we should give him a go at DM at some point.

• Like 1

he really could play DM i think when Konsa is back.

Would really let us have a proper DM in there, and allow the 8s to do their thing.

Might even make Luiz a bit happier, but then again, would he get one of the 8 slots over McGinn, Ramsey & Sanson, i dunno.

5 hours ago, MellbergsBeard said:

Him and Mings seem to have a good understanding already, 

I think Mings could play with anybody. Chambers takes the complete responsibilty from him and they click well 

I think Konsa has a higher ceiling than both but he isnt showing it at the moment 😞

• Like 3

Great competition for a starting place to keep our CB's honest and up to it.

Option to cover for the DM role.

Glad to have him and see him hold his own when called upon.

Â