Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

I thought he was more than decent today considering the amount of football he has played over the past couple of years. He seemed to strike up a decent partnership with Mings, he was quite composed and good on the ball. I hope he keeps his place for the next match but if Konsa is fit, I wouldn’t be surprised if he came straight back in

• Like 1

Unfortunate mistake for the goal and it was sloppy. Impressed with him on the ball, I think at half time Gerrard told him and Tyrone to progress with the ball more rather than hoof it. If they had of done that more in the first half I think we may have had more chances. 

personally, with Konsa banned for the next game, i would be tempted to play Mings/Hause as CDs, then Chambers at DM, we need some defensive power and solidity in that defensive triangle, and Luiz just doesnt offer that in any way, imo.

I think there is a reason we looked better when Nakamba was in the side, defensive aggression & solidity in front of the back 4.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

personally, with Konsa banned for the next game, i would be tempted to play Mings/Hause as CDs, then Chambers at DM, we need some defensive power and solidity in that defensive triangle, and Luiz just doesnt offer that in any way, imo.

I think there is a reason we looked better when Nakamba was in the side, defensive aggression & solidity in front of the back 4.

I though that too and was hoping to see it today. Hopefully it will be Watford now. Gerrard has said he is going to change it and to be honest, Luis, SJM and Ollie do not deserve to be picked. 

3 hours ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Seems like an identical swap with Konsa. Don’t gain anything but don’t lose anything.

He brought the ball forward at one stage 30/40 yards. Konsa should do that but he didnt 

• Like 1

On 13/02/2022 at 19:51, Zatman said:

He brought the ball forward at one stage 30/40 yards. Konsa should do that but he didnt 

Konsa just does the simple thing every time he gets the ball, I think he has the ability to do more, whether it’s a lack of self belief, I don’t know

30 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Konsa just does the simple thing every time he gets the ball, I think he has the ability to do more, whether it’s a lack of self belief, I don’t know

That’s the big question isn’t it? Is Konsa good on the ball and can he pass. If so he could be a top defender, if not maybe that’s why he’s not getting into the England team.

• Like 1

Â