Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

16 hours ago, The Other Mat said:

I agree he's excellent defensively, but in our current system that's not enough. Our WB's are integral to how we attack its so important that they can at least deliver a decent cross into the box. Cash gets himself into some great positions but his crossing/final ball is often poor, its something he really needs to improve on if he's to be our 1st choice under Gerrard. 

Agree with this. Playing with two narrow number 10s means we need width from the fullbacks. As much as I love Cash's energy and positivity, he's poor going forward and he's bang average technically. Look at that ball McGinn (feel like it was the only one he got right tonight) put over the top of the fullback in the first half for him today. He miscontrols it. Better first touch and good ball in and it's a goal there.

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'd play Hause alongside Mings so he can deal with Chris Wood, Chambers should start in DM.

Calum's ability to clear balls with his head seems very decent too, but yeah this is very much one of Hause's strengths. I guess we'll see who gets the nod in the CB position. Wouldn't be against seeing what Calum can do in a more defensive midfield position either as I thought that Luiz had a fairly poor game yesterday.

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

Calum's ability to clear balls with his head seems very decent too, but yeah this is very much one of Hause's strengths. I guess we'll see who gets the nod in the CB position. Wouldn't be against seeing what Calum can do in a more defensive midfield position either as I thought that Luiz had a fairly poor game yesterday.

He played as a DM for Fulham, so would be interesting to see him in that role, a good utility player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

I'd love to see Chambers in DM and Luiz play in his preferred position to show what he can do.

Then Ramsey continuing his form doing what he's doing.

It means dropping McGinn which possibly won't happen.

Dropping a player will give them something to think about, players get too complacent when they have no competition.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Wrong side for him. He's the left sided replacement for Mings ideally. 

I would worry more about in the air, with Wood, Lascelles and Joelinton......all aerial threats.

he did ok for me.

A bit of a silly tackle for the foul/free kick, but......they should never have scored that free kick.

That free kick goal was another one to add to the "calamity Aston Villa goals" that we concede.

Â