Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

Chambers has been decent for us so far. Certainly value for money.

I noticed one point in the game when Watford had a throw in Trinity side and Mings was giving instruction for everyone to get closer to the throw. He looked a bit peplexed as to whether he should just drop his man or or do as was told. He did as was told. No harm came. 

5 hours ago, kevpants said:

Put him in midfield. 

Put Luiz in the sea.

This. Bring back Konsa even though he has been shite, move Chambers into DM. That’s where he excelled at Fulham. He could fill the hole left by Nakamba 

13 hours ago, turvontour said:

I thought he was one of the few positives today.

Some elements about his performance were decent but he's not a particularly good defender. Konsa's better IMO and I think there's a reason why Chambers has done his best work as a player at CDM.

interesting that a question when Chambers signed was 'will he get any minutes'?

On Saturday as well as playing 95 minutes at CB he could otherwise have been used at RB as a sub for Cash. And others say he should play DCM too.

32 minutes ago, Exeter Fan Too said:

interesting that a question when Chambers signed was 'will he get any minutes'?

On Saturday as well as playing 95 minutes at CB he could otherwise have been used at RB as a sub for Cash. And others say he should play DCM too.

A decent backup ad CD and DM.  i know he can play RB but I doubt he could play in the current wing back role, he'd be more of a defensive full-back.

I thought he made an awful rash challenge on the halfway line that started the move for their goal.  

Be under no illusion, this guy is a donkey.  With Hause last performance, there was no way this guy should have got game time instead of him.

11 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

I thought he made an awful rash challenge on the halfway line that started the move for their goal.  

Be under no illusion, this guy is a donkey.  With Hause last performance, there was no way this guy should have got game time instead of him.

He's not a donkey but he's not a particularly good defender. He's a ball-playing CB - which takes the pressure off Mings to be the only one doing that - but he's not at Konsa's level as a CB overall, IMO. I echo the sentiments of putting him as a CDM. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lexicon said:

He's not a donkey but he's not a particularly good defender. He's a ball-playing CB - which takes the pressure off Mings to be the only one doing that - but he's not at Konsa's level as a CB overall, IMO. I echo the sentiments of putting him as a CDM. 

Im not 💯 sure but were his pass completion stats not 70% in first game he played v Newcastle?  

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

77% and 86% on Saturday 

Which is in-line with a player who is happy to play a long pass forward and as it's a different form of attack, shouldn't be discouraged. Konsa doesn't tend to play those kind of passes.

Just now, HeyAnty said:

What % would you need to be a DCM? Them stats for a CB don’t seem to be good.   Has he ever played DCM, i never saw him play it.  

You don't need a particular percentage, as such, it depends on what your function is within the team and how expansive you're allowed to be. A DLP will have a worse % than a traditional CDM, for example, because the former will try a greater variety of passes that get less accurate with increased range, typically.

Chambers played as a CDM on loan at Fulham and was rated in that position. He's played as a RB more than any other position, though.

33 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

What % would you need to be a DCM? Them stats for a CB don’t seem to be good.   Has he ever played DCM, i never saw him play it.  

He won Fulham player of the season from that position 

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

This would be interesting. Would need to go two in the middle IMO. Fernandinho would have struggled in our midfield on Saturday 

• Like 1

Chambers doesn't look relatively quick for me. He will suffer the same fate at DM if we play as wide open as we did in the last 3 games.  I'm struggling to think of a DM who would be able to handle that job alone. 

As soon as you send 2 midfielders to cover the wide areas and don't replace them you have lost the midfield.  

• Like 1

I post in here too. 

A quote from this link here on Chambers as DM. If he can't cover much ground he will be very exposed in our current formation.

"He has been caught out a few times playing in a more spacious area of the pitch"

https://totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/calum-chambers-arsenal-fulham-tactical-analysis-statistics

Â