Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

3 minutes ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Anyone noticed his passing range?

Played a lovely ball to cash from deep

his movement into midfield is quite impressive. As said in the match thread you never see this from Konsa

• Like 2

Big weakness for me is he dives in too much. Did it for the free kick last week and for Dennis chance 1st half he went to ground far too easily.

Konsa might not be as good as last season but he's superb at staying up until last minute and getting ball off attacker.

He'll be straight back in next week.

• Like 3

He takes charge more than Konsa does in terms of bringing the ball out of the back, but he's definitely a worse defender than Ezri IMO. I think it'd be worth checking him out at DM and trying to get Ezri to be a little braver on the ball. 

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Not sure who it was but losing his man for the point blank chance in the second half was shocking. And yeah like others have said committing himself too easily for that chance in the first.

It’s Gerrard’s preference. Sacrificing defense for a more offensive player. Yes, I know Konsa is out because of the red. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Chambers stays.

Just now, AVTuco said:

Chambers keeps his place for me. Konsa got nothing on him really. 

Just said Konsa is miles better at anticipating counter attacks, wasn't there a stat floating around last season he was hardly ever beaten in a one v one. Not convinced Chambers is that great in the air either.

I wouldn't be against trying him out in DM though next week given he did o.k there for Fulham. Grinding out a 0-0 next week is probably what we need to do to get some life back into us.

2 hours ago, Reivax_Villa said:

Anyone noticed his passing range?

Played a lovely ball to cash from deep

Came on to comment this .

I would genuinely be tempted to play him in a holding role with Konsa back.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

Â