Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

I like stats but how can you judge a defensive player by their tackles, interception stats etc when they play for one of the best teams in the league. For example what are Rodri’s stats compared to other defensive midfielders in our league ? 

You can’t constantly defend when you’ve got the ball most of the game. You just need to be there for when called upon. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

Nah stick around! I appreciate your posts! We are all fans here. Who cares about math. None of us are doing this signing nor pro scouts. Its all about the feels and the vibes. If you are excited by him thats good enough to have an opinion! 

Less than 12 months ago I was making thunderous pronouncements that Jack Grealish was one of the 5 best players in the world. Nowadays I think he is Man City's 13th best player :) I regret nothing and neither should you!

Thanks, always good to be made welcome.

It's not that I lament being caught off point or that I fear that my views don't qualify as worthy. It's just that I don't think I've come across as I wanted to, and consequently I'm writing for no purpose as my posts are written as much for others as they are myself. I don't need to be paid to do what I enjoy and which adds value for me. Hell I'll say for certain I don't need to be recognised as professional either, as i have a tendency to write my own script. However being thorough, self resourceful and applying critical thinking to a pastime I love to engage is time well spent in my book. And I simply didn't have the time or energy to do that well enough to be understood. Not even conceptually it seems. But if I carry on anymore I might as well have written a book about it.

I wasn't actually suggesting he is exciting or that I want him at our club, my intention was just to say I've seen enough to understand why he's rated. I actually air some unfounded doubts about how his game will transfer to a more demanding league and that he is nowhere near Bissouma imo at this stage.

The stats for me just indicates he is a standout player at times and in some areas in France currently. I think I go on to say that the numbers mean little to me.

All in all I don't know much about him and its quite early to say much else. 

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm a stats nerd so I checked.

1.5 tackles =91st

1.1 interceptions =81st

0.9 key passes =65th 

In French league player tables

Compared with our current squad he would be 7th 6th =6th in those stats

Luiz 1.9 1.2 1.3 (5th 5th 4th of Villa players)

Mcginn 2.9 0.8 1.7 (1st 8th 2nd)

as comparison

P.S. I'm not trying to be an arse about this, just that top 100 in a stat in a league is nothing special 

P.P.S. Also highlights madness of people talking about Mcginn is surplus to our needs

Which just highlights my saying it's not about the numbers alone.

Yes England is a better league but sometimes it's actually easier to excel in some respects in an environment where the people around you can appreciate your skill, or just that simply allows for it to happen that way.

I will come back with an example but for now I will say that directly translating numbers from a player in England to a player in France doesn't account for the differences, subtleties and niches between the leagues and how the playing style contrasts. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I like stats but how can you judge a defensive player by their tackles, interception stats etc when they play for one of the best teams in the league. For example what are Rodri’s stats compared to other defensive midfielders in our league ? 

You can constantly defend when you’ve got the ball most of the game. You just need to be there for when called upon. 

I think its an excellent point.

I think we have to watch a CDM, because its more than just tackles too.

They are like utility players, have to have a bit of everything.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Thanks, always good to be made welcome.

It's not that I lament being caught off point or that I fear that my views don't qualify as worthy. It's just that I don't think I've come across as I wanted to, and consequently I'm writing for no purpose as my posts are written as much for others as they are myself. I don't need to be paid to do what I enjoy and which adds value for me. Hell I'll say for certain I don't need to be recognised as professional either, as i have a tendency to write my own script. However being thorough, self resourceful and applying critical thinking to a pastime I love to engage is time well spent in my book. And I simply didn't have the time or energy to do that well enough to be understood. Not even conceptually it seems. But if I carry on anymore I might as well have written a book about it.

I wasn't actually suggesting he is exciting or that I want him at our club, my intention was just to say I've seen enough to understand why he's rated. I actually air some unfounded doubts about how his game will transfer to a more demanding league and that he is nowhere near Bissouma imo at this stage.

The stats for me just indicates he is a standout player at times and in some areas in France currently. I think I go on to say that the numbers mean little to me.

All in all I don't know much about him and its quite early to say much else. 

I enjoy, you comments, and delivered with thought and reason.

We all see through our own lens, so we are all bound to disagree with each other, at times, even those that we find agreeing with most of the time.

We can also write posts that are a bit ambiguous, I know I can at times, inadvertently...and apologies, when I do.

What, I like about your posts, is that you do your best to explain your reasoning, which is most helpful....its also avoids hidden agenda's, which sadly can sometimes appear,with some( not you) even if inadvertently.

Keep 'em coming mate.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Which just highlights my saying it's not about the numbers alone.

Yes England is a better league but sometimes it's actually easier to excel in some respects in an environment where the people around you can appreciate your skill, or just that simply allows for it to happen that way.

I will come back with an example but for now I will say that directly translating numbers from a player in England to a player in France doesn't account for the differences, subtleties and niches between the leagues and how the playing style contrasts. 

I didn't say any of those things. I merely pointed out you were misrepresenting stats

Man U apparently interested in Kamara. Mentioned on Sky Transfer Show this morning.

He is exactly the signing Villa should make if Bissouma proves too expensive and I’d hate to see Kamara go to Man U.

1 minute ago, striker said:

Man U apparently interested in Kamara. Mentioned on Sky Transfer Show this morning.

He is exactly the signing Villa should make if Bissouma proves too expensive and I’d hate to see Kamara go to Man U.

Yeah I posted about a week ago on here the same thing after reports Man U were sniffing around him according to Nicolo Schira (cant find the tweet), think he may want CL football though or a team in with a chance of CL football. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Odd that he would even mention this at all 

Context - no someone who claims to be ITK, famous shouty Man U fan for those who don’t know.

It’s one of those that is so random that you feel it must have legs? He’s quite vocal against the United hierarchy so I doubt he’s trying to make this up only for United to ‘win the race’ for him.

This is the player that I would want us to sign more than Bentancur.

Hopefully we bring in both. Our squad would be insane then, and would future proof for any potential outs, including Luiz if we can’t get him to sign a new deal.

Pro-active, not reactive.

4 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

This is the player that I would want us to sign more than Bentancur.

Hopefully we bring in both. Our squad would be insane then, and would future proof for any potential outs, including Luiz if we can’t get him to sign a new deal.

Pro-active, not reactive.

Definitely, Kamara is the 6 we need, and like the above posters mentioned he can cover CB. Perfect signing

Â