Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

14 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why do people want player that plays in formation we won't play, is only 4th for tackles per game in his team and puts him 7th best compared to tackles per game in Villa squad?

This stats always annoys me, if your playing in a team higher in the league I would assume by having majority of possession you would therefore tackle less? I could be completely wrong, only looking at this by logic but I don't really look at stats so for all u know a city player maybe to in our league

10 minutes ago, pete101 said:

This stats always annoys me, if your playing in a team higher in the league I would assume by having majority of possession you would therefore tackle less? I could be completely wrong, only looking at this by logic but I don't really look at stats so for all u know a city player maybe to in our league

You'd think that were true in principle.Β 

Yet he'd be 5th 4th and 8th for tackles per game in City, Pool, Chelsea squads respectively

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I've never seen him play, can someone explain what makes him so special? On the you tube videos you see him winning the ball on some occations in different games and making a pass, but from what I've seen there is nothing that stands out, no special skill at all, just compiliations of him winning a ball in different games, you could put together a video like that of any player.

No ones ever seen him play, but here are the reasons why he'd be a great signingΒ 

1) Football Manager Wonderkid
2) His fans dont hate him and actually love him
3) He wanted by all the big teamsΒ 
4) Actually a number 6
5) Young with massive potentialΒ 
6) He doesn't have a nickname like 'The Thin One'
7) Can cover the CB position
8 ) Cheap due to his contract having 6 months left

Β 

Edited by messi11
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, messi11 said:

No ones ever seen him play, but here are the reasons why he'd be a great signingΒ 

4) Actually a number 6

Β 

You are either a legendary troll, or staggeringly short sighted. Just can’t decide which right at this moment. πŸ˜‚

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, messi11 said:

4) Actually a number 6

Β 

Phew but you always criticise people that watch random foreign leaguesΒ 

18 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

You are either a legendary troll, or staggeringly short sighted. Just can’t decide which right at this moment. πŸ˜‚

How on earth can you not decide?!

Some magnificent success has been had in the Bentancur thread from the chap. Got exactly the reaction he wanted. Killed a lot of discussion as well sadly.

• Like 1

On 25/01/2022 at 07:45, Kiwivillan said:

I'm a stats nerd so I checked.

1.5 tackles =91st

1.1 interceptions =81st

0.9 key passes =65thΒ 

In French league player tables

Compared with our current squad he would be 7th 6th =6th in those stats

Luiz 1.9 1.2 1.3 (5th 5th 4th of Villa players)

Mcginn 2.9 0.8 1.7 (1st 8th 2nd)

as comparison

P.S. I'm not trying to be an arse about this, just that top 100 in a stat in a league is nothing specialΒ 

P.P.S. Also highlights madness of people talking about Mcginn is surplus to our needs

Are u comparing rankings of Villa players within the Villa squad against players and their rankings in the French league? Is that not like comparing apples and oranges?

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Are u comparing rankings of Villa players within the Villa squad against players and their rankings in the French league? Is that not like comparing apples and oranges?

No. I'm saying where Kamara would place in Villa team based on his Ligue 1 season tackling stats.

Mcginn 2.9 tackles per game is =6th for all players in PL. It would be =5th in Ligue 1.

Kamara 1.5 tackles per game is =95th in Ligue 1 in PL would be =105th. Dennis the forward from Watford and Raphina make more tackles per game on 1.6

Edited by Kiwivillan

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Why do people want player that plays in formation we won't play, is only 4th for tackles per game in his team and puts him 7th best compared to tackles per game in Villa squad?

I think people on here tend to prefer watching football than looking at a spreadsheet and forming an opinion based off of that.Β 

1 minute ago, Loxstock92 said:

If this guy is to be believed, we’ve been discussing the wrong Kamara πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ

Don’t believe that. Gerrard was very clear that if we don’t get the players that we want, we will wait until the summer and try again. I’m not sure that Kamara even gets into our team.

2 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Don’t believe that. Gerrard was very clear that if we don’t get the players that we want, we will wait until the summer and try again. I’m not sure that Kamara even gets into our team.

He is very versatile though, they call Β him the Kamara Kamara Kamara Kamara Kamara chameleonΒ 

Γ—
Γ—
Γ‚