Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

So Craig Hope and Romano (both tier 1) have stated that we’re interested. Hope has also said Man Utd and Leeds hold an interest and have spoken to his agents whereas Romano says United haven’t spoken to his agent.

Looks as though we’re firmly in the hunt. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ciggiesnbeer said:

For the love of Paul McGrath pod talks about his (rumoured) unreasonable pay demands as to why he hasnt made a move yet. But his stats sure look amazing.

Ok, now I really really want us to sign Kamara and Bentancur.

• Like 1

Top 100 in France for tackles, interceptions and key passes per game.

Top 25 for pass completion rate.

I'm more interested in watching him though and I found the twenty minutes of highlights I've seen to be clear indication the kid has ability and vision but no where near Bissoumas level, and I'd also wonder if he is prone to a few Dougie Luiz type errors in judgement while he beds in.

Just my thoughts.

3 minutes ago, Vancvillan said:

Am I misunderstanding the stat because that doesn't sound impressive at all?

It's yours to interpret my friend.

I'm just posting what I found in terms of the stat's people were talking about. 

It's by no means an indication of being a world beater, but in my view, it's enough to show the guy has influence.

Think about it like this, every club in England's top five boasts roughly twenty players, so roughly 100. He's good enough for Frances top five squads. Not bad.

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Top 100 in France for tackles, interceptions and key passes per game.

I don't understand this either. The first 2 are defensive stats and key passing is attacking and you can't just lump them in together. Should have individual stat ranking per minutes in relevant league. Top 100 isn't amazing. Mcginn is =6th in PL for tackles per game this season for example

51 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

Think about it like this, every club in England's top five boasts roughly twenty players, so roughly 100. He's good enough for Frances top five squads. Not bad

That's not how it works at all lol

Edited by Kiwivillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

I don't understand this either. The first 2 are defensive stats and key passing is attacking and you can't just lump them in together. Should have individual stat ranking per minutes in relevant league. Top 100 isn't amazing. Mcginn is =6th in PL for tackles per game this season for example

That's not how it works at all lol

I butchered the post completely, that's what I get for rushing through it

If someone is in the best rankings for key components that make a good display, and they are also ranked similarly in other key areas that indicate good play, then while it's not a given, it's fair to use that as an indication of the players influence and where he may stand across a comparison of his peers.

As for the being good enough for a top 5 club, and you saying it doesn't work like that, in reality you're right and it never directly translates that way, nor should it. 

If you can use some imagination for a moment or thirty to see what I may have tried to illustrate with that comment I think you should be able to connect the dots fairly well.

The top five clubs don't consist of the top 100 players, but by him being top 100 in numerous key areas of play, you could say he is good enough for that level of standing. 

2 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

I butchered the post completely, that's what I get for rushing through it

If someone is in the best rankings for key components that make a good display, and they are also ranked similarly in other key areas that indicate good play, then while it's not a given, it's fair to use that as an indication of the players influence and where he may stand across a comparison of his peers.

As for the being good enough for a top 5 club, and you saying it doesn't work like that, in reality you're right and it never directly translates that way, nor should it. 

If you can use some imagination for a moment or thirty to see what I may have tried to illustrate with that comment I think you should be able to connect the dots fairly well.

The top five clubs don't consist of the top 100 players, but by him being top 100 in numerous key areas of play, you could say he is good enough for that level of standing. 

You butchered stats to make a point. I don't know how else to put it. You can't grab 3 random unrelated stats then say he's in top 100 then make the top 100 the top 5 teams player pools when that doesn't necessarily correlate to the original unrelated stats. 100th in PL any of those stats individually would be rubbish. Pick a stat, find his placing and go from there. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

You butchered stats to make a point. I don't know how else to put it. You can't grab 3 random unrelated stats then say he's in top 100 then make the top 100 the top 5 teams player pools when that doesn't necessarily correlate to the original unrelated stats. 100th in PL any of those stats individually would be rubbish. Pick a stat, find his placing and go from there. 

Now I'm confused. Maybe we should go drinking together, this is making no sense.

Defensively he is top 100 in both categories that are of utmost importance to a good defender.

He also makes a good statement as a key passer with numbers placed in the top 100. Given his pass completion stats and placement, impressive. 

Edited by A'Villan

43 minutes ago, A'Villan said:

My apologies. It makes sense to me.

I'm going to withdraw from the conversation as I don't feel I'm adding to it currently and can't contribute much further for the time being anyway. 

Nah stick around! I appreciate your posts! We are all fans here. Who cares about math. None of us are doing this signing nor pro scouts. Its all about the feels and the vibes. If you are excited by him thats good enough to have an opinion! 

Less than 12 months ago I was making thunderous pronouncements that Jack Grealish was one of the 5 best players in the world. Nowadays I think he is Man City's 13th best player :) I regret nothing and neither should you!

Edited by ciggiesnbeer
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, A'Villan said:

Now I'm confused. Maybe we should go drinking together, this is making no sense.

Defensively he is top 100 in both categories that are of utmost importance to a good defender.

He also makes a good statement as a key passer with numbers placed in the top 100. Given his pass completion stats and placement, impressive. 

I'm a stats nerd so I checked.

1.5 tackles =91st

1.1 interceptions =81st

0.9 key passes =65th 

In French league player tables

Compared with our current squad he would be 7th 6th =6th in those stats

Luiz 1.9 1.2 1.3 (5th 5th 4th of Villa players)

Mcginn 2.9 0.8 1.7 (1st 8th 2nd)

as comparison

P.S. I'm not trying to be an arse about this, just that top 100 in a stat in a league is nothing special 

P.P.S. Also highlights madness of people talking about Mcginn is surplus to our needs

Edited by Kiwivillan

58 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

I'm a stats nerd so I checked.

1.5 tackles =91st

1.1 interceptions =81st

0.9 key passes =65th 

In French league player tables

Compared with our current squad he would be 7th 6th =6th in those stats

Luiz 1.9 1.2 1.3 (5th 5th 4th of Villa players)

Mcginn 2.9 0.8 1.7 (1st 8th 2nd)

as comparison

P.S. I'm not trying to be an arse about this, just that top 100 in a stat in a league is nothing special 

P.P.S. Also highlights madness of people talking about Mcginn is surplus to our needs

This would suggest he isn't the upgrade we need then?  We need someone who is going to make a real difference, not someone who is worse than our current players.  

Out of interest @KiwiVillain, are you able to let us know who is the top 3 for villa in each of the above stats?

Â