Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

13 minutes ago, MotoMkali said:

But the 2 most important ones are spectacular. 

I'd suggest the bottom third is most important for the DM position we want followed by the second third.

I don't necessarily think we should make it like FM and all on stats (particularly when arbitrarily comparing the weakest of the 5 leagues Vs the other 4 as fbref does).

But I'd be looking at Pressures, Interceptions, Tackles, Aerials won*, Blocks, Pass completion, Progressive Passes and Progressive Carries and maybe then Clearances as the priority list of key attributes from the list there.

Being good at passes and pass completion but mediocre at progressive passes does paint a picture of Ashley Westwood but from the (admittedly limited) bits I've seen of Kamara he is more than that, which is why Fbref is not always a fool proof barometer to use (even if it can be insightful)

*Bet TRO has Aerials won much higher up the priority list though

Edited by HalfTimePost

Have a sneaky feeling we will pull this one off… I mean he has a choice of playing under Gollum, Mad eyed Bielsa or the legend which is Stevie G - surely if the big clubs linked to him wanted him he would be signed sealed and delivered by now? 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, thabucks said:

Have a sneaky feeling we will pull this one off… I mean he has a choice of playing under Gollum, Mad eyed Bielsa or the legend which is Stevie G - surely if the big clubs linked to him wanted him he would be signed sealed and delivered by now? 

Let’s hope so. Signing both him and Bentancur would sort out the midfield and provide cover at CB. Can see one of Luiz or Sanson leaving this summer. Probably Luiz if he doesn’t sign a new contract.

26 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Let’s hope so. Signing both him and Bentancur would sort out the midfield and provide cover at CB. Can see one of Luiz or Sanson leaving this summer. Probably Luiz if he doesn’t sign a new contract.

Said it before, Gerrard’s stated he wants two quality players per position. Bentancur / Luiz & McGinn / Sanson @ CM. 

Then hopefully Kamara (Glen or Boubacar) @ DM.

17 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Wherever he goes, he's probably going to get a contract he doesn't currently deserve. You're paying for him to improve.

He's played a lot of minutes for someone of his age.

Would you rather have him than Bentancur?

12 hours ago, thabucks said:

ken.jpg.99c4c8838e61faa5614f6daffc8af570.jpg

Just now, thabucks said:

Ramsey & Carney cover Buendia and Coutinho… 

I think Ramsey is higher up the pecking order for CM than Sanson is.

The way I see it, if we signed Kamara and Bentancur, the 6 midfielders we would choose from would be Nakamba / Kamara for DM and McGinn / Ramsey for one of the CM spots. The other spot would be Bentancur and one of Luiz or Sanson for the other CM role, with one of Luiz or Sanson being sold.

• Like 1

Â