Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

Just now, lexicon said:

I don't. It happens, sure, but it's far from every player that does it and I wouldn't want a player like that at the club. 

I can only reiterate, I think you are being naive.

Not looking for an argument so I’ll leave it there because it’s fairly obvious to me.

On 29/01/2022 at 12:41, nick76 said:

I can only reiterate, I think you are being naive.

Not looking for an argument so I’ll leave it there because it’s fairly obvious to me.

Since the clubs dont have the same money as the Premier League, the German league players will normally leave in the last 6 months or sign a short term extension so the club gets money for the player unless they are going to Bayern

Edited by Zatman
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Loxstock92 said:

Said this to a mate earlier, holding for the big payday in the summer.

Got to be, I think this is a theme across this window. Contact expiring players holding it out to get more money in the summer. Or at least using it as a threat 

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Never seen him play yet for some reason I'm excited by the prospect of signing this guy :D

He's waiting for a free transfer and £200k a week 

We won't be in for him. 

• Sad 1

He's certainly a level above whatever league he's coming from but it's crossed my mind every time I watch his reels if the PL will still have him look as good. He's got a bit of flair about him though as well as defending.

On 01/02/2022 at 17:48, Xela said:

We won't be in for him. 

Why not? If he as good as suggested then we could sell him next summer or the summer after for a big fee and if we just keep him he costs us about 11.5m a year. So 33m over three years. Ollie and Buendia cost us that before taking their salary into account

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

Why not? If he as good as suggested then we could sell him next summer or the summer after for a big fee and if we just keep him he costs us about 11.5m a year. So 33m over three years. Ollie and Buendia cost us that before taking their salary into account

Why would sell a player we just signed. What is this obsession with selling players

7 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why would sell a player we just signed. What is this obsession with selling players

That's some way to twist a comment. I have no obsession with selling players, I want the club managed well. As regards selling Kamara. If we could pick him up on a free and then sell him 12 months later and as per my comment, 'if he is as good as suggested' then we would make a lot of money on the deal. More money = more profit = happier owners = more financial muscle in transfer market = better quality players = more success on the pitch. It is fairly simply logic.

The question I asked is Why would be not be in for him

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

Yeah something like £52m over a 5 year contract.

Not a problem it itself, however if he doesn't perform then moving him on becomes an issue.

2 hours ago, Peter Griffin said:

The problem arises if he's not good for us and then he becomes a financial liability. No team will take on an underperforming player at £200k a week. 

Also, you put a player like that (young, unproven in the Premier League, not even an international) on £200k a week - next thing you have 10-15 members of the first team squad moaning as to why they are on half of that. 

I'd rather avoid paying out huge salaries unless the player was tier 1 and proven. 

• Like 4

On 01/02/2022 at 17:48, Xela said:

We won't be in for him. 

£200k a week is £10 m a year, so if he signs a 4 year contract £40m all in is a good deal for a quality player. If we’d laid out £40m for Bissouma people would have been happy enough but he’d still want about £150k a week. So that’s about £7.5m a year over 4 years that’s £30m. Total spend on him is £70m. It’s the overall cost that the money men look at. At least I hope so, or I’d be worried about Purslow and co. 

• Like 2

Â