Lucas Digne

villan-scott

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

This would be the same Newcastle that Targett has bagged a colossal 0 goals and 0 assists in his time there so far - 17 games. 

In that same number of games for us Digne has gotten 4 assists, Targett managed 5 in his entire Villa career (83 PL games). 

I'll take the French guy thanks. 

this post is spot on. Digne is light years ahead of Targett in most facets of the game.

• Like 4

He has not exactly started the season well for us.

Passing has been more miss than hit, and as for his crossing ? Shocking so far, not sure what the issue is but he has been terrible so far.

Needs to just be decent regularly rather than amazing 1 in 8 games then poor the rest.

5 hours ago, brummybloke said:

He has not exactly started the season well for us.

Passing has been more miss than hit, and as for his crossing ? Shocking so far, not sure what the issue is but he has been terrible so far.

Needs to just be decent regularly rather than amazing 1 in 8 games then poor the rest.

He just isnt that good....unless the Hernandez brothers get injured he wont be going to the World Cup

Also I don't see the he is better than Targett brigade

Martinez was POTY the season before last, not Targett. I know he won players player of the year but in the name of semantics it isn't the same thing.

For what it's worth though I'd be having Digne over him all day. Targett is a solid player but it became particularly apparent when Grealish was absent how much he aided him, and as much as folk are citing some below-par performances from Digne he's come nowhere close to some of the disasters Targett had in his time.

• Like 1

I don't think he's a bad player and he is better than Targett. He's just not this massive improvement that people are claiming he is. Its a combination of people overrating Digne and underrating how good Targett was for us.

Edited by Laughable Chimp
  • Like 1

I thought his relationship with Ramsey was really starting to show today, they combined excellently a number of times to get Ramsey in around the back of the Everton defence.

Digne was also available wide left many times but the quality of passing not quite where we need it to be.

As others have said, he has more to do defensively but isn't helped by a narrow midfield. Digne and Cash often end up very exposed. 

2 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

I don't think he's a bad player and he is better than Targett. He's just not this massive improvement that people are claiming he is. Its a combination of people overrating Digne and underrating how good Targett was for us.

He's neat and tidy with good technique I just don't think he's the swashbuckling fullback his stats would suggest or that maybe he was a few years back

LB: Lucas Digne – 6.06
Digne’s scruffy own goal late on made for a ridiculously nervy ending for Villa, during which time Everton should have equalised. The ex-Toffee won only 40% of his duels, while going forward – as he must in this Villa side – five of his seven crosses reached Everton players while none of his three dribbles were successful.

It doesnt include the penalty he should have conceded, after the Bournemouth fiasco he really should be looking over his shoulder for a starting place

https://www.football365.com/news/feature-premier-league-weekend-worst-xi-two-man-utd-players-de-gea-tielemans-coutinho

Coutinho also made the team 

Â