Lucas Digne

villan-scott

Digne has got a wonderful cross there is no denying that. But everything else he is average at and not much of an upgrade on Matt Targett.
No pace
Average marketing
Average Defender   
Weak

Is passing is actually good, He can play football and 1-2's he shown that in the last game with Buendia. Gerrard Football is all wrong for him just like Benitez footy was at Everton. 

I don't think Target was a great loss, but I've maintained since we signed him, it didn't seem like a priority, and he didn't seem much of an upgrade. He's an absolute mess at the back, I'd not be surprised if he's cost us more goals than he's contributed to

I like Digne tbf but he lacks pace and is told to get so far forward that we’ll always look exposed down either channel until the system changes.

He’s paid a staggering amount of money and has barely any resale value. Whilst I think we was a good signing, it’s actually just another failure of Lange and co. to be able to identify anybody better or a lot younger on half the wage. 

Like I said in another thread, we’re being run just like United. Big names on big wages. No real long term plan. No plan to be fiscally responsible. Just Vibes. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I like Digne tbf but he lacks pace and is told to get so far forward that we’ll always look exposed down either channel until the system changes.

He’s paid a staggering amount of money and has barely any resale value. Whilst I think we was a good signing, it’s actually just another failure of Lange and co. to be able to identify anybody better or a lot younger on half the wage. 

Like I said in another thread, we’re being run just like United. Big names on big wages. No real long term plan. No plan to be fiscally responsible. Just Vibes. 

Cucurella was £15m or less. They've just replaced him with Pervis Estupian for a similar amount. They'll likely sell him for about £50m in a few years as well. Good age, good player, what a novel idea.

I don't think it's particularly tricky what Brighton do. Club CEOs like Purslow just think they know better than little old Brighton.

Brentford coming up the leagues was much harder. Brighton are shopping in mostly top divisions, not finding real nobodies from minor places like Brentford did.

• Like 1

He's the poster boy of a typical villa signing the last few years. 

Weak

Soft underbelly 

Confidence player 

Frail mentality 

Hides when the going gets tough 

I don't like this player at all 

Edited by Pinebro

1 hour ago, Tomaszk said:

Disgraceful performance.

But there you go, now we have him earning £8m a year until we release him on a free and he retires.

Buck up please.

What an overreaction. He wasn’t great, but disgraceful? He wasn’t any worse than Cash.

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I thought he was much worse. The worst player on the pitch for me.

I think it's the system, or lack of, that's hurting Digne the most. He's a talented player.

Our fullbacks are our main source of width, but we're not playing with a back 3. If they had Chambers on the right, Mings covering the left and Hause (added for physicality) in the centre behind them, we wouldn't look so exposed. I bet they're **** shattered too, and Cash seems to have a better engine than Digne.

A long ball over the top when the fullbacks are in the opposing half cuts through us. 

Either reign them in and play with Saar and / or Bailey in front of them, or go to a back 3 allowing Kamara and Luiz to step up the park.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Villarocker said:

Everton fans laughed when we signed him.

No they didnt.

Digne is a good player but he's playing poorly, like everyone atm. Cash hasnt been any better. With a new manager they will both suddenly become good again, no doubt about it.

• Like 2

He's a French international left back. Yet he looks no better than Targett for double the money and probably double the wages. So that begs the question is he just half assing it on big money, or is this.godawful "system" whatever it's supposed to be, the cause of a player with supposed calibre looking so poor?

Â