Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Chill your boots, it was something the commentary team was talking about, and I couldn't find a replay so I caveated it as I wasn't sure.

Thanks for correction, but there's no need for the tone, tbh.

Yea I heard it as well, so he never missed any of the game or didn't miss the goal? Whatever,  it's poor form and he should be punished. 

Just now, tinker said:

Yea I heard it as well, so he never missed any of the game or didn't miss the goal? Whatever,  it's poor form and he should be punished. 

No idea if he went off before the goal, but he certainly wasn't off during it. The above video isn't great quality and I couldn't be sure, but there's a higher quality video on Sky Sports and he's on the pitch when we concede, clear as day https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/12667101/bournemouth-2-0-aston-villa-premier-leage-highlights

56 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Lesson learned not to trust something I don't see with my own eyes, I guess! If you didn't hear it I can understand you thinking I'm just throwing around casual accusations based on nothing, but as well as the commentary reporting it as fact

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62358040

The Cherries took the lead on three minutes - with Villa temporarily down to 10 men as left-back Lucas Digne was off the pitch to remove jewellery.

So they've changed this article. It now says:

with Villa temporarily down to 10 men as left-back Lucas Digne was off the pitch because there was blood on his shirt after a nosebleed

But that's not true either, he's clearly stood on the pitch defending the corner. The Birmingham Mail is running this shirt change line as well. All of these reporters are writing this but not actually looking at the goal and seeing it's clearly false :D 

12 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

So they've changed this article. It now says:

But that's not true either, he's clearly stood on the pitch defending the corner. The Birmingham Mail is running this shirt change line as well. All of these reporters are writing this but not actually looking at the goal and seeing it's clearly false :D 

Who's the reporter, should pull him or her on Twitter, disgraceful.

19 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Clean sheet for Targett though😉

Was anyone else defending at Newcastle, or was he playing the new Lone CB role? Lol

If next week Newcastle concede and we keep a clean sheet, will it then be a clean sheet for Digne? Lol

* Having said all that, he was frustratingly one dimensional today.

2 hours ago, a-k said:

So if I use the words "if it's true" it completely absolves me from any responsibility from accusations?

Sure, didn't hear the commentary talk about it, but it's a pretty harsh accusation...always better to confirm or ask rather than make such a statement

spacer.png

Care to explain this then mate?!? 

• Haha 2

On 06/08/2022 at 19:27, Davkaus said:

i was there - he 100% went off to (seemingly) change his shirt...during this the corner was conceded

he was on the pitch when the corner was taken though

• Like 1

7 hours ago, tomav84 said:

i was there - he 100% went off to (seemingly) change his shirt...during this the corner was conceded

he was on the pitch when the corner was taken though

The highlights show that Ramsey was covering left back when he went off.

A lot of media have said he was changing jewellery and not his shirt

Must be on of the only players to score an own goal for both teams in the same fixture?

He's not quite as good as I first thought, but he's still a very good player...and more importantly, an upgrade on what we had before. 

Just now, The_Steve said:

ezgif-3-c80b66bd53.gif

Not his fault for the goal. Iwobi's fouling him.

Foul or not (and I think it's a bit soft), he's been sold down the river there by the ball not being cut out before it gets to him. There's nothing he can do. 

Â