Lucas Digne

villan-scott

6 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

I've said this before about it Coutinho. We must not scapegoat when the problems boil down to collective mistakes and formation issues. 

So we you are saying we should scapegoat the manager 😉

Thought he had a very mixed match tonight. Defenisve was poor. look at their first goal. He was staring across the box watching an unmarked player stroll into the centre and made no move to come across.

Attack wise he was didnt offer a huge amount but took his goal well with some clever thinking.

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Anyone think he'd be more useful as a wingback in a 3 - 5 - 2?

As a matter of fact, probably both him and Cash.

Probably but not sure we’d play it. Does make sense with the players we have. 

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Digne in a 343 type formation, sure.

Cash, nah, he is a defensive RB for me, going forward he is pretty gash.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I’d be interested to see that. I think the current problem is the narrow system negates a natural winger providing support. The midfield gets too overrun too easily so they aren’t covering him. A new midfielder and formation changes would honestly do a lot to change how we play and take pressure off of Lucas and others. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we persist with wanting Digne and Cash to be our wide attackers then I think we have to play this way. 

• Like 1

I’m struck by how much everything we do in matches involves Digne and Cash. Their individual “touches” numbers are so high, you realise, any way you slice it, they are acting as the de facto channels through which everything flows. 

Is that really what we want? It sort of determines a style of attack that just seems extremely limited and limiting. They almost look too exhausted at times to perform surgical crosses, if that makes sense? Like they just get worn down from being forced to do everything and they just get rid in desperation a lot. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

27 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I’m struck by how much everything we do in matches involves Digne and Cash. Their individual “touches” numbers are so high, you realise, any way you slice it, they are acting as the de facto channels through which everything flows. 

Is that really what we want? It sort of determines a style of attack that just seems extremely limited and limiting. They almost look too exhausted at times to perform surgical crosses, if that makes sense? Like they just get worn down from being forced to do everything and they just get rid in desperation a lot. 

He is trying to emulate Liverpool some what with Trent and Robertson but unfortunately he's not got a **** scooby doo how to do it.

I think he just tells his coaches he wants his fullbacks getting assists and leaves em to it.

• Shocked 1

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

He is trying to emulate Liverpool some what with Trent and Robertson but unfortunately he's not got a **** scooby doo how to do it.

I think he just tells his coaches he wants his fullbacks getting assists and leaves em to it.

i think this is one of the main issues.

He wants to play like Liverpool, and prove he can harness the "Klopp Liverpool way".

The fact he doesnt know how to make it work & doesnt have good enough players to do it, doesnt seem to bother him.

Imo the Liverpool system, is a system that can leave you very exposed if you dont know what you are doing (we have seen Liverpool exposed a few times), or dont have top level players to make it work , but Liverpool have players good enough, and coaches good enough, to make it work 95% of the time.

We dont.

We still persist though.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Big yikes. Hope you're wrong. That would be such a reckless, even arrogant (and not in a good way) approach.

Christ, if Fat Targett had been playing for us as badly as he is for Newcastle tonight (he can barely move) he’d be getting murdered on here. 

Digne is out of form and I still know who I’d prefer. 

To think there’s people on here who think Digne was a downgrade. 

Edited by Steero113

15 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Christ, if Fat Targett had been playing for us as badly as he is for Newcastle tonight (he can barely move) he’d be getting murdered on here. 

Digne is out of form and I still know who I’d prefer. 

To think there’s people on here who think Digne was a downgrade. 

Targett didn't even make their squad on the weekend.  Doubt they would have left out Digne if the had him.

Â