Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s stretched to block after losing the ball. There was no malice in that at all. He might have seen red with VAR because he’s hurt the player  and you just don’t know what ref’s will come out with these days but that’s just a yellow for me. 

Complete accident.

100% - aside from deranged Leeds fans on Twitter, there was absolutely no malice or intent. Just a really unfortunate collision with the back of his heel. 

• Like 1

Nobody really knows whether there was any "intent" or not other than Lucas - but that didn't look good and was much worse than McGinn's tackle on Gray.

I don't think he even got a yellow card for it but I wouldn't have complained if he'd been given a red. It's a reckless challenge.

Obviously not at this level, but I know from experience playing that if I have over run the ball (like he did) and am frustrated going into a tackle immediately after then there's a good chance of going in more aggressively which can be dangerous if it is not timed right. I've seen it happen loads, the adrenalin is flowing and it's all in the heat of the moment. 

Of course, he may not have meant it - like I said, only he knows - But I personally think he did. I'd also say, we've been a soft touch for far too long so I hope we can start showing more aggression in our game (albeit within the laws of the game).

Only just got round to looking at the challenge. I think any competitive game and he'd have been walking off the pitch.

I don't think he intended it though. The player left his leg in and Digne was stretching to block the ball. Unfortunate, clumsy and obviously could have been a leg breaker but not malicious. As I said at the start though, that would be irrelevant in a competitive game and he'd be sent off.

Mis-timed challenges are part and parcel with preseason games as players. get their fitness, feel and touch back.

Giving a good Targett impression so far in this friendly. Getting caught at the back post when defending and pulling a lot of his crosses back behind our forward runs instead of playing in front of them. 

Hopefully just a blip in crap conditions on a poor pitch...🤞

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Needs fining a week's wages if it's true he wasn't even on the pitch when we conceded because he kept his **** jewellery on. 

It's something the ref should've noticed in the tunnel if he had an issue. Amateurish though and cost us a goal.

35 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Needs fining a week's wages if it's true he wasn't even on the pitch when we conceded because he kept his **** jewellery on. 

Absolutely. I do think there's a metaphor in there about being too busy worrying about bling to actually do the basics of football matches.

42 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Care to take the time to actually check your slander first? He's clearly on the pitch for both goals.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, a-k said:

Care to take the time to actually check your slander first? He's clearly on the pitch for both goals.

Chill your boots, it was something the commentary team was talking about, and I couldn't find a replay so I caveated it as I wasn't sure.

Thanks for correction, but there's no need for the tone, tbh.

11 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

He even used the phrase 'if it's true'

So if I use the words "if it's true" it completely absolves me from any responsibility from accusations?

14 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Chill your boots, it was something the commentary team was talking about, and I couldn't find a replay so I caveated it as I wasn't sure.

Thanks for correction, but there's no need for the tone, tbh.

Sure, didn't hear the commentary talk about it, but it's a pretty harsh accusation...always better to confirm or ask rather than make such a statement

5 minutes ago, a-k said:

always better to confirm or ask rather than make such a statement

Lesson learned not to trust something I don't see with my own eyes, I guess! If you didn't hear it I can understand you thinking I'm just throwing around casual accusations based on nothing, but as well as the commentary reporting it as fact

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/62358040

The Cherries took the lead on three minutes - with Villa temporarily down to 10 men as left-back Lucas Digne was off the pitch to remove jewellery.

So, I'm not entirely proud I was spreading misinformation, but at least it's not my job to report the facts :D 

• Like 1

Â