Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Well we should only sign a young left back as understudy because a similarly aged left back for half the wages wont be a competition

We already have a young left back as understudy, Ben Chrisene, excellent player. In my opinion, he has a real chance, we bought him from Exeter City, he can also play in midfield

6 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

We already have a young left back as understudy, Ben Chrisene, excellent player. In my opinion, he has a real chance, we bought him from Exeter City, he can also play in midfield

Hi mate. As much as i  like his potential Chrisene isnt physically up to the task it seems at the moment. Never seems to complete a 90 minutes. Which isnt all that strange for some youngsters. Once he has got some reliability and can complete games then i am sure he will be pushing whoever has the leftback slot at that time. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Hi mate. As much as i  like his potential Chrisene isnt physically up to the task it seems at the moment. Never seems to complete a 90 minutes. Which isnt all that strange for some youngsters. Once he has got some reliability and can complete games then i am sure he will be pushing whoever has the leftback slot at that time. 

For someone so young, he’s only 18 years old, he has quite a lot of first team experience. He played a few matches for Exeter City’s first team and we poached him, I think he has a lot of talent and he is versatile. Tim Iroegbunam didn’t look like an 18 year old when he made his debut for us, I think Chrisene could have a similar impact for us if he is given the opportunity 

1 minute ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

For someone so young, he’s only 18 years old, he has quite a lot of first team experience. He played a few matches for Exeter City’s first team and we poached him, I think he has a lot of talent and he is versatile. Tim Iroegbunam didn’t look like an 18 year old when he made his debut for us, I think Chrisene could have a similar impact for us if he is given the opportunity 

Nof doubting his ability at all. Just his fitness and playing time as he is developing isnt at an optimal level yet to be trusted to be back up left back. In my eyes he is Gareth Barry reincarnated but he just doesnt complete enough games yet .

32 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Don't think he's ready yet otherwise Gerrard would've given him some minutes instead of Young in the periods Digne was injured.

5 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Nof doubting his ability at all. Just his fitness and playing time as he is developing isnt at an optimal level yet to be trusted to be back up left back. In my eyes he is Gareth Barry reincarnated but he just doesnt complete enough games yet .

I agree with you, is that why we let Matt Targett so that we can trust Chrisene to be back up to Lucas Digne? Chrisene only signed a new contract with us in January, so the club clearly rates him

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Don't think he's ready yet otherwise Gerrard would've given him some minutes instead of Young in the periods Digne was injured.

Chrisene is still very young, he has plenty of time to make an impression at the club or out on loan 

6 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree with you, is that why we let Matt Targett so that we can trust Chrisene to be back up to Lucas Digne? Chrisene only signed a new contract with us in January, so the club clearly rates him

Doubt it mate. We let Targett go because he doesn’t want to be here and we got 15 million for him. I expect left back cover to be bought in.  Maybe a Calum Chambers type signing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah we need an understudy who's played enough senior football that they can make the step up to be an option at LB for us next season if Digne was out for a month or two.

What's Neil Taylor up to?

Ben Davies would be a good signing, was brilliant in latest Wales match and vastly experienced in premier league but think he's played every single game under Conte so probably not going to be sold anytime soon.

It will be a signing from europe I suspect so this should be where Lange earns his wages, finding someone who can grow with us and then take over from Digne in about two seasons.

I'm sure someone like Sosa from Stuttgart was linked in January, that seems to fit the profile given he had plenty of assists but not sure what he's like defensively.

42 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ben Davies would be a good signing, was brilliant in latest Wales match and vastly experienced in premier league but think he's played every single game under Conte so probably not going to be sold anytime soon.

It will be a signing from europe I suspect so this should be where Lange earns his wages, finding someone who can grow with us and then take over from Digne in about two seasons.

I'm sure someone like Sosa from Stuttgart was linked in January, that seems to fit the profile given he had plenty of assists but not sure what he's like defensively.

Somebody like Sosa will want to be first choice. He has been a starter for Stuttgart and I think in the Croatia squad now

Being back up here doesn't suit him, the only way for competition is to pay the 2nd left back a similar wage to Digne 

Edited by Zatman

• 4 weeks later...

As someone else alluded to before, one of the things that has impressed me most about Digne is how willingly he has bought into the club and seemingly instantly become an influential figure in the squad.

• Thanks 1

Â