Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/22 at 23:59

2 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

So someone takes some one out off the ball and that's not a foul? C'mon mate, you can't be serious?

Cavani runs into him, the ref doesn't stop it in real-time because he doesn't think it's a foul. It's not fixing an obvious error, and if it was so crucial, why didn't they check for an obstruction to begin with?

21 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

With the caveat that I’ve not read the entire internet , Ive not seen any media report (yet) that it was disallowed for offside .

sky and BBC both saying it was for obstruction 

Dale Johnson, THE VAR/rules guy on Twitter tweeted it immediately.

(i don't agree FWIW but it's what was given)

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Dale Johnson, THE VAR/rules guy on Twitter tweeted it immediately.

OK, he answered my question...the arm was up for indirect free kick...so offside is the question...

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Cavani runs into him, the ref doesn't stop it in real-time because he doesn't think it's a foul. It's not fixing an obvious error, and if it was so crucial, why didn't they check for an obstruction to begin with?

Because they check incidents from most recent to least.  There were at least 3 things to be checked.

Did Ings use his hand

Did Watkins get a touch

We're either Watkins or Ings offside

Was Cavani unfairly blocked

I ask you, why was Ramsey standing 10 yards offside staring at Cavani if he wasn't put there to block him off?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Every single player on the pitch was dreadful for 99% of that match. Few moments of quality from Ramsey and Buendia. Stunned at how bad that was. Simple passes. Reacting like drunks. They must look around the leagues and wonder how they’ve bluffed their way to this level. Watkins and Ings, £60 million. 

I hope Michael Oliver wakes up in Saigon tomorrow morning before being sent up river. 

Was going to respond to this but then read your last sentence and decided you were taking the piss. Nice one.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Whether it would have been ruled out is besides the point.  Rules don't change based on which team it's for - only the person awarding or not awarding things changes.

We would all be calling for that to be ruled out if it happened at the other end no matter how soft you may think it is.

And if you tell me you would not be calling for it to be disallowed at the other end you are fooling yourself.

Mate, we aren’t going to agree.  I believe you have it wrong based on the rules, you think I’m wrong.  I think most of have read the rules since the incident and most don’t agree with you including non-Villa fans and football media personalities so I don’t know what to tell you.  It doesn’t matter because the ref agreed with you so they got the call.

I think some are just quite Black and White with their reactions to results, we win a game and everything is amazing and we lose a game and it's doom and gloom. Just the way some people's mind works.

Edited by useless
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, R.Bear said:

Yep. For all the pissing and whining that Villa fans will do over this game, we lost and its our own fault.

in terms of that pathetic goal of theirs.....you have a point.....its far too easy.

We are going back, to giving ourselves a mountain to climb....its poor play.

Just now, turvontour said:

Was the Konsa and Shaw challenge checked out of interest, they didnt mention anything on the tv coverage?

Yeah, Konsa will be banned for three matches for smashing his nose into Shaw’s hand. Man Utd demanding an apology from Konsa.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

Mate, we aren’t going to agree.  I believe you have it wrong based on the rules, you think I’m wrong.  I think most of have read the rules since the incident and most don’t agree with you including non-Villa fans and football media personalities so I don’t know what to tell you.  It doesn’t matter because the ref agreed with you so they got the call.

Ask yourself if it's the other way around do you want the goal disallowed?

Of course you do

Just now, flashingqwerty said:

Because they check incidents from most recent to least.  There were at least 3 things to be checked.

Did Ings use his hand

Did Watkins get a touch

We're either Watkins or Ings offside

Was Cavani unfairly blocked

I ask you, why was Ramsey standing 10 yards offside staring at Cavani if he wasn't put there to block him off?

Yeah, the conspiracy stuff is making us look pretty pathetic.

We need to get our team sorted to actually defend properly and create clear chances. Hopefully Coutinho and Digne can be two big steps forward in achieving that. 

4 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Rubbish -it's so vague, you'd effectively be penalising every player at every set piece.

I missed that clause, but unfortunately, I think it supports the offside decision.

I have to say that it draws a very strange distinction between impeding and impacting,.

Â