Ratings & Reactions: FAC3: Man Utd v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

233 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/01/22 at 23:59

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

JJ isn’t even looking at the ball or running into the box to try and play the ball, anyone trying to argue otherwise needs to watch it again. It’s a foul 

I agree but there were still lots of issues with the refereeing today.

5 minutes ago, hippo said:

3 defeats on the spin now. 

It’s all about performance though. We were excellent tonight. If we keep playing like that we will do really well. Some of our one touch football was stunning. It’s really starting to come I think. We will win on Saturday 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hippo said:

No.

Just saying 3 defeats on the spin. And Man U up next.

I'm sure you're happy though.

I’m happy with the performance yes. I try to enjoy supporting my team unlike some people that love to just moan about everything because they have some personal vendetta against the manager😂 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

2 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

What about if it was United's goal, would their have been a 4 min VAR check to rule it out?

That's not what I said.

I'm not saying there's no corruption, just that in THIS INCIDENT the rules were correctly applied.  

Plenty of incidents where they were not.

3 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

How exactly? JJ did nothing - the onus should be on Cavani. Ridiculous.

Cavani was never getting to the ball anyway. Gonna start giving random fouls off the ball in around the penalty box are they. Happens all the time off a corner.

8 minutes ago, est1874 said:

We should have been well up for it tonight. I've been generally impressed with Gerrard overall but I didn't think that was a great managerial performance at all. 

67% possession multiple chances at goal and a disallowed goal which shouldn’t have been chalked off.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AvonVillain said:

Absolutely hate being a Villa fan..... averagely, most of the time.

I LOVE it. We are going in the right direction. Some great signings. Our defenders need upgrading but it is looking rosy in the Villa garden

I don’t know where the BBC get the VAR images from but it’s quite clear from this screen grab and the subsequent commentary that they were checking for an offside … they didn’t find one so the goal should have stood 

1C1A05D7-A866-4F1A-9400-D6799ADDFAE8.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_Steve said:

He really doesn't for me - he's moving his body naturally anticipating the cross. Cavani should be the one avoiding him. It's not a foul, 50/50 at best. It doesn't change the pattern of play at all. It's an arbitrary decision to favour United.

The ref is looking straight at it, never a foul, nearly ever goal that is scored from a corner wouldn’t stand, players runs get blocked all the time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

I have an Arsenal fan in my ear right now saying we were robbed.

Who gives a shit? It was a foul and correctly disallowed. If you dont think so, you're blinkered or you dont know the rules of the game.

We dominated most of the game and didnt score, that's why we lost. It's our own fault.

3 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

Deluded and clearly don't know how to read the rules of the game then.  If that happens at the other end guarantee you'd be shouting for it to be disallowed.

I could say the same about you if you think that should be ruled out by the rules of the game.

Â