Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

Mbappe would generate massive amounts of money through shirt sales so not exactly like for like.

Coutinho and Carlos has not contributed on the pitch and are just sucking out wages.

On current evidence they are bad signings.

Thanks for the laugh 😂

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We got 4 healthy seasons of Leandro Bacuna. What a signing if thats the way we judge now

Leg end player….

But I wish Coutinho all the best. Unfortunately the gamble hasn’t paid off but it was worth it. A shame. 

23 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Yes i would. Whats 7m? Its peanuts.

If you get coutinho fit he adds something to this team

1 goal and 0 assists in 20 appearances last season and something like 2 goals and 0 assists in his last 33 for us. The reality is apart from a few great games when he initially joined 18 months ago he has simply not been anywhere near good enough. £7m+ in wages is not “peanuts” when it’s being wasted unnecessarily.

• Like 1

I think Phil shows that talent alone, doesn't always work, unless it is accompanied by a whole host of other attributes.

Its a shame, because talent alone, he is an artist.....but this league, demands more than just that.

There is an array of defensive talent stopping guys like Phil, and you have to have the tool box to negate that.

Edited by TRO

22 minutes ago, david-avfc said:

1 goal and 0 assists in 20 appearances last season and something like 2 goals and 0 assists in his last 33 for us. The reality is apart from a few great games when he initially joined 18 months ago he has simply not been anywhere near good enough. £7m+ in wages is not “peanuts” when it’s being wasted unnecessarily.

Pretty much this, the blind faith on him turning good is on name value alone

If he was called Bailey or Traore people be demanding they be sold for peanuts. 2 players that have outperformed Coutinho for us in the last year

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think Phil shows that talent alone, doesn't always work, unless it is accompanied by a whole host of other attributes.

Its a shame, because talent alone, he is an artist.....but this league, demands more than just that.

There is an array of defensive talent stopping guys like Phil, and you have to have the tool box to negate that.

I don't think that's an accurate summary.  You seem to be suggesting he's lacking a load of attributes.

He has the desire, and the attitude as well from what we can tell. He took a massive wage cut to come here to play football and not sit in the nou camp's players lounge collecting even more money. 

The only attribute missing for him is the ability to stay fit. Which, is sadly, the critical aspect of him. 

26 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I don't think that's an accurate summary.  You seem to be suggesting he's lacking a load of attributes.

He has the desire, and the attitude as well from what we can tell. He took a massive wage cut to come here to play football and not sit in the nou camp's players lounge collecting even more money. 

The only attribute missing for him is the ability to stay fit. Which, is sadly, the critical aspect of him. 

If you think that, you are welcome to it.

I think he is lacking some ( not a load) attributes, yes......and this league, demands them....not requests them

an ability to make your talent, become effective to a team performance , requires a bit more than Phil has for this league.....thats a reluctant observation, I have....despite me drooling at his better moments.

This league, requires a fair amount of physical aggression, even to the most talented players like Saka, Rashford, Haaland, Salah...just to pick out a few.

No one is more appreciative of Phils talent, I was merely expanding the rationale as to why it hasn't worked.....If you think, it was injuries alone, you are welcome to that view....I don't.

If you, forensically examine how his latest injury came about, you will see it was a push in the back, which he failed to ride out, without injuring himself.....it was very unfortunate for him, but the league requires more resillience than that,sadly.

Phil Coutinho, is not a shirker, not a play actor, not a troublemaker or a salty sulker.....He is simply not durable enough for this arduous league.

Sorry. 

26 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

I think he is lacking some ( not a load) attributes, yes......and this league, demands them....not requests them

an ability to make your talent, become effective to a team performance , requires a bit more than Phil has for this league.....thats a reluctant observation, I have....despite me drooling at his better moments.

This league, requires a fair amount of physical aggression, even to the most talented players like Saka, Rashford, Haaland, Salah...just to pick out a few.

No one is more appreciative of Phils talent, I was merely expanding the rationale as to why it hasn't worked.....If you think, it was injuries alone, you are welcome to that view....I don't.

If you, forensically examine how his latest injury came about, you will see it was a push in the back, which he failed to ride out, without injuring himself.....it was very unfortunate for him, but the league requires more resillience than that,sadly.

Phil Coutinho, is not a shirker, not a play actor, not a troublemaker or a salty sulker.....He is simply not durable enough for this arduous league.

Sorry. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, TRO said:

Sorry. 

If Phil was able to get a prolonged run of games I think his performances would be good enough. However everytime Phil pushes himself to get to that level he gets injured. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

If Phil was able to get a prolonged run of games I think his performances would be good enough. However everytime Phil pushes himself to get to that level he gets injured. 

You might be right...because when he first come, he was mustard.

This is not a loaded question....but why do you think he is injured so often?......do you think there might be a legitimate reason for it?

59 minutes ago, TRO said:

Sorry. 

No need to apologise, I agree its the durability that let's him down... but you said this

work, unless it is accompanied by a whole host of other attributes.

If you don't think that suggests you're saying he is missing a whole host of attributes and that he only has talent and nothing else, then you will mislead a lot of posters, in my opinion. Yes it's inferred by me, but you are definitely implying it. 

10 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

No need to apologise, I agree its the durability that let's him down... but you said this

If you don't think that suggests you're saying he is missing a whole host of attributes and that he only has talent and nothing else, then you will mislead a lot of posters, in my opinion. Yes it's inferred by me, but you are definitely implying it. 

I didn't want to pee on your chips.

I apologise in advance for misleading any posters....but I reiterate, some attributes, not a whole host of them.....A whole host of them might render him a Stephen Ireland, and he is certainly not in that camp....just my take of course.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TRO said:

You might be right...because when he first come, he was mustard.

This is not a loaded question....but why do you think he is injured so often?......do you think there might be a legitimate reason for it?

The physical demands to play in the PL are higher than any other league. As Phil is now made is paper, when he pushes himself to the levels required he gets injured. Playing in UAE might be good for him, as he doesn't have to push his body over it's limit and shouldn't get injured as often. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TomC said:

It may not be big money, but they must be making something or they wouldn't be selling them.

Basically we sell the rights to take the profit from our shirt sales to fanatics. Would probably make more but doing that gives a fixed amount for accounts they can budget against. A big sea change in the amount of shirts being sold due to signing Messi etc might call for an early renegotiation but otherwise we can't ask for a fee increase until contract is up.

The only clubs with this sort of deal AND still get money off shirt sales are like Man U who get like 10% of a shirts profit on top

Edited by VillaJ100

13 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

The physical demands to play in the PL are higher than any other league. As Phil is now made is paper, when he pushes himself to the levels required he gets injured. Playing in UAE might be good for him, as he doesn't have to push his body over it's limit and shouldn't get injured as often. 

my sentiments entirely

Â