Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

4 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Who could've foreseen Steven Gerrard's biggest fault being an inability to organise a midfield. It's hilarious when you think about it.

As somebody suggested in match thread he doesn't have Alonso or Mascherano to clean up his midfield mess like his playing days

The only way he would gain any inkling of respect from me is if he walked now… sick of him and sick of his shit. 
Why wait to sack him and throw away more points? Why cause more damage? Why destroy the morale, confidence and spirit of these players?

Shambles.

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

As somebody suggested in match thread he doesn't have Alonso or Mascherano to clean up his midfield mess like his playing days

For sure. Many star players also run on instinct alone.

Just now, daft said:

This was a truly atrocious display. I'm at a loss for words really (not really. No solidity in defence, no real ideas going forward and a midfield that keeps getting overrun. They were physically much stronger and footballing wise much better. It's not just Gerrard though, it's the squad as well. 

There are obviously issues with the squad but it was mostly this same squad which looked largely solid when Gerrard first came in. You could see what we were trying to do there. For whatever reason things have just been downhill since the middle/end of last season. I'm confident that a semi-competent manager would at least be able to get us looking like a mid-table side instead of a relegation one.

Anyone still thinking it will suddenly click and we will transform to a top-10 side fighting for Europe under this guy?

It's 9 months now and we are regressing at an impressive rate.

• Like 1

75th minute and 3-1 down: Gerrard finally changes the midfield.

We look slightly better after that, able to play out and get up the other end - but the game is gone.

He's got 7 games to turn it around.

I think unless there is a Road to Damascus conversion in his managerial abilities this season he will not be getting the Liverpool job!

Edited by Harry

Maybe 1 win in 6 in the next 3 weeks.

Im not sure I have faith in Purslow to do the right thing. 

Gerrard himself doesn’t seem to have the right ideas or a way to change. Using our full backs for width in all of his formations means we are very vulnerable to wingers against them, balls over the top and they have to travel too far to create anything.

1 minute ago, Nicho said:

Maybe 1 win in 6 in the next 3 weeks.

Im not sure I have faith in Purslow to do the right thing. 

Gerrard himself doesn’t seem to have the right ideas or a way to change. Using our full backs for width in all of his formations means we are very vulnerable to wingers against them, balls over the top and they have to travel too far to create anything.

Better teams will put 6-7 on us.

• Like 2

Â