Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Just now, Keyblade said:

I meant Southampton were the 15th place team, but yeah. 

Our wins in 2022 were Everton x2, Leeds, Brighton, Southampton, Burnley. Out of 23 games!

That's so so poor.

I personally think the owners were thinking about sacking him then, he as good got saved by the bell, end of season. A couple more loses, an I think Purslows hand will be forced, we know Edens and co don't mess about.

5 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Hall of fame stuff that post you quoted. 

Man there's loooads of it only within the last two weeks.

People just planting their flag in the ground and refusing to actually look at evidence slapping them in the face like a big wet fish.

Partly stubbornness, partly hope, partly this new phenomenon where once you take an approach you never ever change your mind. It's how we left the EU.

• Like 2

We’ve gone backwards. After all the positivity of promotion, youth investment, upgrading facilities and stadium plans. We have gone backwards on the pitch and most likely placed ourselves in a precarious financial position. Huge gamble that has backfired spectacularly. 

3 minutes ago, AV82 said:

I have a tear in my eye. VillaTalk. United as one. All it took was Gerrard pissing our best squad in decades up the wall.

Sadly, so many on here said that when he got his own players in, we'd take off. All of his signings have been inconsistent,

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I have to say.....That performance has shocked me in one way....but not in another.

I never thought he would preside over that, when he joined us.....but now I don't see it changing, even if we sign players, I think its too late.

That display, was some, performance to swallow....that was relegation form.

We are even softer now than we ever were under Smith.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Feels like a slow march towards his sacking during the World Cup break now. 

That's too late. Genuinely.

I think it'll happen after Leicester. Giving us Southampton at home then the international break.

Hopefully we can nick some points off West Ham because we're getting nothing but a -8 GD from Arsenal and City.

A trashing against a poor Leicester will be enough to see him away.

Potentially Critchley in charge for Saints at home.

Edited by Tomaszk

Â