Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

4 minutes ago, daft said:

Good guess. 😁

From what i've seen so far it's only Neil.

I forget the bald blokes name, but I fear he may blow a blood vessel if and when he gets on.

You know what, if Luke from the UTV podcast goes mental, you'll know it's all over as well. 

1 minute ago, brummybloke said:

Hopefully we are trying everything we can to get poch, then once it's all sorted boot the scouser out ASAP, he's dragging us down with his lack of management.

Don’t think so short term with Purslow running the club . 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

From what i've seen so far it's only Neil.

I forget the bald blokes name, but I fear he may blow a blood vessel if and when he gets on.

You know what, if Luke from the UTV podcast goes mental, you'll know it's all over as well. 

Paddy shows up later on. 

1 minute ago, Pinebro said:

Worrying that he feels Everton was a good performance.

I think it looked decent until towards the end, and I gave the end some slack because we seemed to have like 15 defenders down injured at one point.

Now I am not so sure...

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

What game did he watch? He has no clue

"Game's in the balance"

"We were well in it"

Makes it sound like we were holding on at the Camp Nou. Very worrying mentality. We were never in this game.

Listening to his interview, saying we was right in the game, would love to know what game he was watching and if he thought the performance against a poor Everton side was good, we are in trouble

Do I think Gerrard is the man to guide us forward...honestly I don't think so.

But at the same time....we had the same core of players for the past three years....cant polish a turd and all that.

Yes there will be some improvement...maybe a little but we have manager learning a trade in the hardest league in Europe with a bunch of players who simply are not good enough.

Recipe for disaster or we except...we are likely to finish 13th -15th....win a couple....draw a couple...lose half the games

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I meant from when he joined....I was hoping Bournemouth was a one  off, but it clearly isn't.

The things I see wrong, and there are many, are just not being addressed.

I can't defend him anymore......I just don't know what the club will do.....But those performances, left unchecked, WILL take us down.

It was always a likely outcome. His CV was frankly too ill equipped for a job like this, and his playing career has no bearing.

• Like 1

I don’t think he’s under much pressure at all yet. Gerrard is Purslow’s man so I would be very surprised to see him sacked before 10 - 15 games have passed assuming he scrapes the odd draw. It will be bloody expensive to sack him also.

10 minutes ago, Villa87 said:

We’ve gone backwards. After all the positivity of promotion, youth investment, upgrading facilities and stadium plans. We have gone backwards on the pitch and most likely placed ourselves in a precarious financial position. Huge gamble that has backfired spectacularly. 

The financial position is the scary part imo. Going backwards a season or two doesn’t have to be a disaster. But if you take on huge costs and still get worse — trouble.

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

its looking more and more like a lot of you were right. What else can I say? Blind hope and support only takes you so far I guess. 

**** Footbal. Ain’t gonna let it ruin my evening.

Watch some other games and just enjoy the game of football. 

Â