Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

We'll be scrambling to find another available manager mid-season and going through another lengthy period of letting the manager figure out his best team, and possibly another rebuild to look forward to. :( 

He might be good at the player liaison/transfer management kinda thing that Edu does at Arsenal. But he's a **** terrible manager.

There has to be a decent, proven manager out there that can step in and actually be a manager.

• Like 1

Just now, HalfTimePost said:

I know it's game one of the season. But we maybe should consider cutting our losses.

Some big names are out of jobs and I just want to see us play attractive attacking football with a plan.

Pochettino, Bielsa, Quique Setien, Marco Rose all available. 

Maybe we should've considered moves for Ernesto Valverde, Lucien Favre, Paolo Fonseca before they took up new positions this summer too.

I've never been convinced on Gerrard but that was piss poor.

If gerrard goes I think purslow will too . 

My only hope is the fact we have 2 owners who are very successful and hopefully ruthless. 

If either of them are not currently on the phone to Purslow asking for answers, I'd be disappointed. 

Edited by UpTheVilla26

2 minutes ago, Chindie said:

He might be good at the player liaison/transfer management kinda thing that Edu does at Arsenal. But he's a **** terrible manager.

There has to be a decent, proven manager out there that can step in and actually be a manager.

I’m kind of hoping we could nab Brendan Rodgers if Leicester are struggling. 

• Like 3

On 05/08/2022 at 13:24, TRO said:

If we finsh 16th.....He will walk, he wouldn't need the sack.

The biggest driving force behind SG, is himself....If he can't achieve what he wants to achieve, he won't hang around.

He knows where he wants to go with us, and he will take us there kicking and screaming, if he has to.

My only concern, or doubt is.......can we stand up to the bullies, can we negate the Press, can we circumnavigate teams who just want to disrupt, or negate our talent.

I don't know the answer to that just yet.

This squad of ours has loads of talent, thats not my concern......but are they able to let that talent shine, I am yet to find out.

I think Bournemouth WILL be a hard game.

I think theres a couple more points to add your “only concern”

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Eastie said:

If gerrard goes I think purslow will too . 

I don't think so. From my very limited knowledge of the goings on at the club, the background stuff seems to be going well. It will be a black mark though if we have to get rid of Gerrard.

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We'll be scrambling to find another available manager mid-season and going through another lengthy period of letting the manager figure out his best team, and possibly another rebuild to look forward to. :( 

There are managers out there who could get more out of the present squad. Little tweaks here like McGinn not starting every minute of every game for example.

Gerrard I'm afraid like so many of our managers in last 20 years quickly has his favourites and just won't budge. Also really slow to make changes. We put on Luiz and Archer at 79th minute or just as Bournemouth went 2 up, again simply too late when we'd offered little in the second half.

• Like 2

Â