Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

The current owners are fine? They're not the problem here.

No no, I meant the current (new) owners should have an effect on the losing mentality. I fully support NSWE, they are our saviors.

• Like 1

Just now, AVTuco said:

No no, I meant the current (new) owners should have an effect on the losing mentality. I fully support NSWE, they are our saviors.

Ah.

I think there's only so much they can do. I don't know how to rectify the underlying mental issues.

• Like 1

The record of the last 12 games, just 9 points, is dire stuff. The manager at some point has to start answering questions at some point for such a poor run of form extended that long. No more excuses about not having the players, the right captain, enough time on the training pitch - he's had all those things now and it's time to improve. 

Just now, ender4 said:

What did he say in his post match interview?

He thought we controlled the game, defended well other than from set pieces, and just has a poor final ball. 

I’ve been generally pro-Gerrard (as I am with every Villa manager).   

But I was expecting a massive improvement on the last third of last season.  Especially in tactics and coaching.

Instead we got that shambles.

I’m jumping off/over the fence and going to say I don’t believe Gerrard is the manager to take us into the higher parts of the table.  

And if he can’t do that, can’t make the individual players better and make the team better than the sum of individual players… then what is the point of him being here???

• Like 2

I'm still in support of the manager...

A couple of big performances needed to get us back on course...

Buy yeah, a bit of an eye-opener today. However we did control possession for the majority of the game and to leave without anything is disappointing.

Just to add to everything his man management is destructive. Favourites, throwing Mings and then Sanson under the bus in his post match interviews. Classic Villa this - great owners, sine individually promising players to fall short with a clueless manager. 

• Like 1

Up until today I’ve been pretty pro Gerrard. Was I seduced by the Coutinho signing? Yes I was. Was I seduced by the Man United draw the way we fought back? Yes I was. But everything since then had been pants and I’m starting to think about joining the Gerrard out brigade. 

19 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Gerrard doesn’t look healthy at all in that pic a few posts up. Looks like he put on weight and started drinking heavily.

edit: this

99729823-B081-4922-9D34-B724E2DE1F17.jpeg

Well his football is starting to resemble Steve Bruce's...

21 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Gerrard doesn’t look healthy at all in that pic a few posts up. Looks like he put on weight and started drinking heavily.

edit: this

99729823-B081-4922-9D34-B724E2DE1F17.jpeg

Please tell me you’re **** around 

• Haha 2

Honestly think we are going to look back on his appointment as one of the biggest missed opportunities in the club's history. Like when O'Neill brought in Heskey to fire us to a top 4 finish. 

We have a fantastic squad of players that any halfway decent manager would relish the chance to work with. The fact that beside the winning run when he first came in, the only time we've looked like a capable PL team is when he dropped his 'system' for a few matches really says it all.

I reckon he stumbles on for a third of the season before we make a change, leading to yet another wasted year 

Â