Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

Don't think it matters how shiny new toys we keep giving him. He's still not gonna have any ideas how to use them and is just gonna put them in his mouth and suck.

• Like 1

I'm just sick to death of the media buzzwords and the ridiculous Europe talk when we have one of the worst managers in the league. It's embarrassing. 

He's had 2 windows and a pre season and Gerrard still doesn't have the slightest clue what he's doing. Not a single thing has changed whatsoever. 

I'll take the pelters but I can't stand the bloke and he doesn't have my backing. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He’s basically riding the wave of being a great footballer and being reasonably good looking. That’s it. There is nothing more to him. 

The geriatrics will also tell you “he speaks so well”

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

I can take an opening day defeat. Always weird results this early in the season.

But we’ve gone into this game with everything in place, in terms of personnel, fitness, etc, for a really good season - and we look shite.

I’m not convinced Gerrard has the ideas or the tactical understanding to lead this club to where we want to be. Even as a player he always seemed like raw ability and fighting spirit rather than a natural reader of the game.

I like his attitude, and all the signings he’s made, and definitely happy to give him a chance up to Christmas. But this is the premier league, the managers he’s coming up against half the time are world class. It’s a massive step up from the SPL, and anyone who thought otherwise was deluded.

I’m convinced that he doesn’t!

1 minute ago, sne said:

Don't think it matters how shiny new toys we keep giving him. He's still not gonna have any ideas how to use them and is just gonna put them in his mouth and suck.

This

They couldn’t wait to push Deano out the door to replace him with this clown.

Purslow needs to follow his love child out that door for making this diabolical decision.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Can’t wait for the “ if i can’t get players to do what im asking them to do, I’ll go out and get players that will “ statement from SG. No. No you will not 😊 that old chestnut won’t wash now. 

• Like 1

Said it at the time.

May be an image of 2 people, people playing sport and text that says "Me, anxious but hopeful about the who the next Villa boss will be Favre pls"

Off you **** please Steve. 

Purslow on very thin **** ice as well, needs to be doing everything humanly possible/throwing whatever money he can at Pochettino

5 minutes ago, Spoony said:

He’s basically riding the wave of being a great footballer and being reasonably good looking. That’s it. There is nothing more to him. 

Watching our games, it’s hard to see much difference from the likes of Bruce and Lambert. And Gerrard has much better players at his disposal. At least Bruce could set us up defensively!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I'm just sick to death of the media buzzwords and the ridiculous Europe talk when we have one of the worst managers in the league. It's embarrassing. 

He's had 2 windows and a pre season and Gerrard still doesn't have the slightest clue what he's doing. Not a single thing has changed whatsoever. 

I'll take the pelters but I can't stand the bloke and he doesn't have my backing. 

You shouldn't be getting pelters for speaking the truth mate. 

Â