Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

I am probably wrong here and one of the stattos may have to point out where I’ve missed it, but I think no Villa manager has won his opening three matches in charge (league or cup, I think). Eric Houghton and John Gregory seem to have come the closest to doing so.

I was going to say it would be rather nice if he achieved that, thinking we had Leicester next (which would be tricky enough). Just realised they’re the game after…

Just now, Mark Albrighton said:

I am probably wrong here and one of the stattos may have to point out where I’ve missed it, but I think no Villa manager has won his opening three matches in charge (league or cup, I think). Eric Houghton and John Gregory seem to have come the closest to doing so.

I was going to say it would be rather nice if he achieved that, thinking we had Leicester next (which would be tricky enough). Just realised they’re the game after…

Yep…no chance…but we can dream

5 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Hopefully the same Wednesday.

I don’t think Pep will play him, there is no need to after not playing recently and too much emotion to it.  Pep might not see it worth the risk in case it fires our players up more and the crowd and he might have a stinker.  No point risking him from Pep’s point of view.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Moustache of Teale said:

Ending Palace’s 7 game unbeaten run, and away from home too, is no mean feat. Hugely encouraging start from Gerrard.

I’m slowly starting not to dread Saturdays again. 

I know this sounds kind of silly but I think it’s sometimes good to play a team that is about to break record by not losing against us. Maybe it’s law of averages or something ?

Well, it's very un-Villalike to get a new manager bounce, but I guess if anyone was going to achieve it, it was probably going to be Gerrard.

He couldn't have done more so far, but congratulations to the players as well, for responding in such a positive fashion. Very pleasing.

• Like 1

Just now, Lerner's Driver said:

Well, it's very un-Villalike to get a new manager bounce, but I guess if anyone was going to achieve it, it was probably going to be Gerrard.

He couldn't have done more so far, but congratulations to the players as well, for responding in such a positive fashion. Very pleasing.

I’m hoping it’s not a new manager bounce and this is here to stay.  As I said I wouldn’t judge him if he started with losses or wins, it would be over a period of games.  Thankfully it is wins and that’s what we have needed, hopefully we can continue with the improvement.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I’m hoping it’s not a new manager bounce and this is here to stay.  As I said I wouldn’t judge him if he started with losses or wins, it would be over a period of games.  Thankfully it is wins and that’s what we have needed, hopefully we can continue with the improvement.

Bounce or not, There’s a clear difference in the way we play , It’s just very unfortunate we play Man City next week

Â