Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

25 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Young is  so Invested and involved to up celebrating with the staff

Young never left on bad terms and you could tell how much he admired the club when he returned. 

You obviously had the odd fans that hated him because he dived against us like it was a personal attack against the club. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Young never left on bad terms and you could tell how much he admired the club when he returned. 

You obviously had the odd fans that hated him because he dived against us like it was a personal attack against the club. 

Yes I never thought he left on bad terms , it wasn’t like he was a villa fan , we were a sinking ship at that point and he did what was right for his career moved to club to win trophies and play under the best manager ever,  and in terms of diving a player should do what ever it takes to win. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

So, do we still have people writing him off for absolutely no reason at all?

I know right! Manager of the season, proved all his doubters wrong, the Liverpool board have called an emergency meeting to sack Klopp and bring in Gerrard straight away.

Reality though…

Great first two wins, massive credit to him for not only the wins but some things he’s done.  Nice really for the first time our manager has basically had a fully fit squad to choose from.  We’ve beaten two teams we expect to beat, all things being equal but both those teams have been doing well whereas we haven’t.  There is a confidence starting to build.  It’s all good news, in fact great news but there is still a long way to go to prove some of the reservations were wrong.  We all hope (most of us) that this isn’t just a new manager bounce and this is the future and I’ll be happy to eat my words.  I’m far more in the Gerrard positive now than two weeks ago obviously but those reservations were valid then as they are now but I’m far more positive for now.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I know right! Manager of the season, proved all his doubters wrong, the Liverpool board have called an emergency meeting to sack Klopp and bring in Gerrard straight away.

Reality though…

Great first two wins, massive credit to him for not only the wins but some things he’s done.  Nice really for the first time our manager has basically had a fully fit squad to choose from.  We’ve beaten two teams we expect to beat, all things being equal but both those teams have been doing well whereas we haven’t.  There is a confidence starting to build.  It’s all good news, in fact great news but there is still a long way to go to prove some of the reservations were wrong.  We all hope (most of us) that this isn’t just a new manager bounce and this is the future and I’ll be happy to eat my words.  I’m far more in the Gerrard positive now than two weeks ago obviously but those reservations were valid then as they are now but I’m far more positive for now.

And If he signs Tammy Abraham in January ? 🤣🤣

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Thought I’d check out the happiness levels about our manager after two great wins on the bounce but no. It’s grammar and bitching. I think I hate Villa Talk. 

Yet you know you'll never leave ;)

• Haha 1

It's very easy to buy into his character, as a fan, from the bits I've seen so far.

I can see why he could/would inspire the players.

Comes across as serious, determined, and hard working, but humble and down to earth. Very considered when talking as well.

When the players perform as they have been, it again gets hard to want to drop/replace any of them.

Good thing we have City, Leicester, and Liverpool coming up for clarity. Lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

At the start of the season, I would have looked at Brighton home and Palace away as two games we should be realistically aiming for maximum points.

But a month ago maximum points against those two looked decidedly less realistic.

To come in to a side on a dreadful recent run and beat a relatively high flying (yet winless in a while) Brighton and a Palace side on a reasonable run themselves within a couple of weeks of being here is pretty good going. 

Thanks for saying much better what I was trying say but I obviously got misunderstood looking at the reaction this morning to my post.

• Like 2

Â