Steven Gerrard

TrentVilla

3 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

I like the cut of his jib. Humble, down to earth considering his prominence in the game. Focussed on improving, asking for more whilst also praising what we have. Very good. The standard of play has improved very quickly, far more organised, more fluidity going forward. The last 6-9 months under Deano we've looked like jigsaw pieces scattered all over whether we win, lose or draw. 

He's seemingly very focussed on shapes and having us move as a team. I don't want to jinx things but even if we lose against City, I don't expect it to be absolute savagery. That said, he's also learning and coming up against a better standard of manager now. 

Yea i'm not getting carried away with the good start without sounding like a miserable sod but you also get the feeling that he isnt either which is encouraging. Knows theres work to do and still things to prove in the long term.

Gerrard will be absolutely chomping at the bit to mix it with Pep. These are the people he wants to compare himself against and stand beside. That competitiveness will be infectious. I have a vibe about the Man City game, but regardless of the result we will give them a game for sure. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, GrassyNoel said:

Gerrard will be absolutely chomping at the bit to mix it with Pep. These are the people he wants to compare himself against and stand beside. That competitiveness will be infectious. I have a vibe about the Man City game, but regardless of the result we will give them a game for sure. 

I think that this bloke is so driven by his experiences. He never won the league as a player . And that will now be what drives him. Yes it is very unlikely he will do it with us but you can see that determination in his eyes. He is gojng to work and work to make us competivie . No shying away . Business first . In fact business all the time. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GrassyNoel said:

Friday or Saturday night absolutely rocking Villa park. For sure we’ll shake them. Wednesday night when not even full house. Not so much.  

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Friday or Saturday night absolutely rocking Villa park. For sure we’ll shake them. Wednesday night when not even full house. Not so much.  

We are objectively better the fewer fans we have, ideally zero as proven in covid ;)

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m pretty sure Villa Park will be rocking and full on Wednesday night. It will be nice to Give Joe a proper send off. I’m sure he’ll feel the warmth, if he plays. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

It's about the points obviously.

Not to do with Villa Park roaring in victory in front of Jack...

I believe you JV. I'd imagine that there are many that don't.

• Thanks 1

Â